Louisiana-New Orleans

Rehearsal Dinner with Balcony

Looking for somewhere to have a Welcome/Rehersal dinner. Something with a balcony would be great! We are having approx 50 guests. Pref. in the French Quarter. All guests are staying at Dauphine Orleans.

So far I have contacted Acme Oyster House and Arnauds who are both booked for October 26 already!!
I have a call in to Tujagues and Embers, waiting to hear back.
Any other suggestions would be great!!
The Future Mrs. Rennix Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner with Balcony

• Have you tried Napoleon House? They allow access to their balcony. It isn't directly on Bourbon but very French New Orleansy.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_rehearsal-dinner-with-balcony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:05963504-c651-4ce1-8fbd-082dc8b763c2Post:910ff711-f320-4c5e-bb84-58c4eecc16c8">Rehearsal Dinner with Balcony</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looking for somewhere to have a Welcome/Rehersal dinner. Something with a balcony would be great! We are having approx 50 guests. Pref. in the French Quarter. All guests are staying at Dauphine Orleans. So far I have contacted Acme Oyster House and Arnauds who are both booked for October 26 already!! I have a call in to Tujagues and Embers, waiting to hear back. Any other suggestions would be great!!
    Posted by smw42088[/QUOTE]
  • We're having ours at the Royal House Oyster Bar. The second floor can be rented out and has a great wrap-around balcony and a private bar.
  • Try Muriel's on Jackson Square. Might be more pricey than you're looking for but the balcony has an amazing view of the square and cathedral, and some really cool loungey type rooms. Super New Orleansy. Also the food is fantastic and they have some great signature cocktails. Take yourselves on a date there at the very least!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Petite Bourbon has a great balcony on Bourbon Street.
  • We did Tujague's and they were great!  We wanted Muriel's, but there minimums were much more than we wanted to spend.  Between the balcony, food, and service, I was thrilled with Tujague's.
  • smw42088smw42088 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    Thank you all for your suggestions! We did book Tujague's. I am very happy with my decison and the staff there so far with the process. We went with a "cocktail style" Rehersal with open bar for 2 1/2 hours and passed hor dourves in the balcony room. It is for 50+ people so it helped to keep the cost down.

I did look into Muriels, they had a very high minimum for the night! Would have been like another wedding for us. Would have been beautiful with that balcony over looking JS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_rehearsal-dinner-with-balcony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:05963504-c651-4ce1-8fbd-082dc8b763c2Post:8ad34f39-535f-41c8-bda5-f1a55fe013d1">Re: Rehearsal Dinner with Balcony</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Muriel's on Jackson Square. Might be more pricey than you're looking for but the balcony has an amazing view of the square and cathedral, and some really cool loungey type rooms. Super New Orleansy. Also the food is fantastic and they have some great signature cocktails. Take yourselves on a date there at the very least!
    Posted by LyannaStark[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your suggestion!! I am going to make it a point to get there during my stay in NOLA. Sounds like a good place to bring some wedding guests at night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards