Louisiana-New Orleans

flawless bride or make me up

Have any of y'all used either of these services? I really have no idea who to use for hair and makeup. I'm open to any suggestions. My friend used Get Polished for her wedding and they did a good job but I would prefer someone else. thanks!

Re: flawless bride or make me up

• becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Make Me Up for hair and make-up. I HIGHLY recommend them for make up - all of us loved our make-up! I do not recommend them for hair (or at least the girl we had...I think she's the only one there right now).

I would use Make Me Up for make up and find someone for hair - Make Me Up use to work often with the Albert Brown Salon and I've seen them recommended on this board.
  • edited December 2011
    I think they both do good work from the reviews I have read on this board (do a Search of them- and alllll the reviews will pull up).  Also, lol, just to complicate matters, I found this girl that I am considering as a back up plan if my trial with my scheduled hair/makeup doesn't go so hot.  Her name is Katie Seghers (504-895-5571) with Pixie, she does on location and has a hair person as well.  To see some of her work, head to www.megphoto.com (pick Featured from up top) and then Brandi and Nick (far left- clearly the NOLA wedding).  Killer pictures, but when I saw these, I tracked her down and asked her who did her makeup!!  My photog also said she rocked- that she doesn't do airbrush, but the makeup comes across flawless on pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Katie Seghers for my pics and my wedding! She does beautiful work! I am so excited to work with her. She is super sweet!! HTH!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would also rec Make Me Up. (Denise did my makeup) They did such an amazing job with my makeup, didn't have to touch up at all, and they did one of my bridesmaids and my mom and stepmom and they all looked amazing and were very pleased.

I originally wanted to use flawless bride but never heard back from her.  She does beautiful work, but was far too unreliable for me to ever consider booking her for my wedding
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Flawless Bride.  I've done engagements and bridals so far plus she does my highlights etc now, too.  She bought Giorgio Salon across from the La Mad by Lakeside, so you can reach her there.  My wedding is December 12 so I can't speak for the whole experience yet, but so far the results are awesome!  Plus she's very cool and sweet to work with.  She did my friend's wedding and came highly recommended.
  • edited December 2011

my best friend used flawless bride for her wedding. i loved the way all of our hair and makeup was done- however, the main girl (i think it is heather maybe?) was very late. she wouldn't answer her phone and none of her assistants knew where she was. it was not so stressful to me because it wasn't my wedding day, but my friend, the bride was really stressed.
    heather got there in enough time to finish the bride's makeup, but the whole thing was very unprofessional.
    if you look back awhile there is a post with many replies that indicates this happens a lot with her.

again, i LOVED the hair and makeup, it is a shame she doesn't run things more smoothly.

• edited December 2011
    I used Flawless Bride and had a great experience! Heather and her team did an amazing job with hair and makeup for our group of 8.
  • ln1919ln1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Flawless Bride for my wedding and she was great!!  She is really good  at giving a natural look.  I never had any problems with her from beginning to end.  :) 
  • edited December 2011
    My best friend used Flawless Bride for her wedding recently. She booked a consultation and trail run for her engagement photos and loved the way she did it so she booked her for the day of her wedding as well to do the entire bridal party. However, Heather was supposed to get there for 12:00pm and by 12:30pm when she did not show up, we tried calling her multiple times with no answers. By 12:45pm (45 mins late!) two assistants of hers showed up, whom the bride had never met. So immediately we got worried since we had no idea of how well of a job they would do; keep in mind there was no room for error since time was running out with being almost an hour late. One of the girls' names were Ashley Malek? and she did by far a better job then Heather did for the engagement photos. It was a very unprofessional experience, but worked out for the best since Ashley pulled through! I would recommend Ashley and not Heather. Still all in all at least Heather sent people since after this experience I have heard of on multiple occasions when she didn't even show up! And to further describe her unprofessionalism she was supped to have a booth at a recent bridal show and didn't show up there either!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards