Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Honeymoon in New Orleans

My fiance just suprised me and told me that we would be spending our honeymoon in New Orleans! Any must do's,tips or anything? Thanks for the help

Re: Honeymoon in New Orleans

• Options
    phunluvin82phunluvin82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY!  When will you be here?  It really depends on what you like to do...there is sooooo much to do here. 

The carriage rides around the French Quarter are a bit pricey, but it is nice.  They tell you about the history of the city...and even stop and fetch you some cocktails from a Bourbon St. bar!

I also have had a lot of visitors that like to do the Haunted History Tours/Ghost Tours, which are walking tours. 

You can go see Mardi Gras World and see the Mardi Gras floats, etc.

There are also Swamp tours which is more of a day trip thing just outside the city if you want to tour around the bayou and see some gators!

We also have plenty of museums if you are interested in that.

My best tip for visitors who are interested in music is to go to Frenchmen St., which is sort of like a more authentic 'locals' Bourbon St.'  Of course every visitor to New Orleans wants to go see Bourbon St...but don't spend your whole time on Bourbon St...there are much more interesting places that our city has to offer!

For restaurants, I personally love Bayona, NOLA, August, Jacques-imo's, Dic & Jenny's.  If you like oysters, Drago's has the most delicious charbroiled oysters.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds great! We will be there in mid October.thanks
  • Options
    wmh6wmh6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!  I remembered a post about a New Orleans honeymoon from last year with a lot of suggestions in it.  I searched for it and finally found it.  Click the link below...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wmh6, thanks for posting that link. it was very helpful!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards