Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Wedding at the Aquarium?

Hello.
Have any of you found out information on having a wedding in the Aquarium, and I'm not talking about a larger ceremony off to the side but a ceremony in front of the animals? Do they allow that?

We are having a small wedding, approximately 40 guests and we're looking for an intimate location for our brief wedding - I'm thinking 15 minutes tops.  I can't see paying $750 - $1000 for such a short period of time.  We're having difficulty finding indoor venues (I would love to have an outdoor ceremony but am worried about the weather in late December) so I'm trying to think creatively.  

Thanks!

BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
My blog My chart

Re: Wedding at the Aquarium?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi. My friend heidi is having her wedding there in March. She is on here. Your username is Heidiman. Maybe you could send her a private message. I know she only talks great about it and I cant wait to attend!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  You can have the wedding almost anywhere in the Aquarium.  We are having our ceremony in front of the gulf of mexico exhibit on the first floor, then moving to the second floor for the reception.  My coordinator said they had a couple get married in the Amazon exhibit.  They don't have a lot of weddings there, but they are very accommodating.  Give them a call!  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dandywarholdandywarhol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Heidiman.  At the moment the Aquarium is a strong contender for us.  The price & location are right.  I've been dealing with Carol, who have you been working with?   

I'm in NY and won't be able to visit the aquarium until late September.  What does the second floor look like?  Are you purchasing flowers & decorations or are they taking care of that for you? 
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My blog My chart
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm working with Vivian.  If you want I can send you a link to some pictures I took of the aquarium.  They are a little dark, but it should give you an idea.  

The only things they provide are 60" round tables, ivory linens and some pretty old blue chairs.  They do the cake and sign in table too and all of the food tables.  If you want something other than plastic forks, knives and cups you have to rent those, as well as a dance floor or any chairs or other size tables you want.  We are renting all of that through the coordinator at the Aquarium.  I am working with a florist and wedding coordinator for my flowers and decorations.  They do not provide anything like that as far as I know.  Hope this helps!!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When are you getting married?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Dandywarhol. My photographer just put up pics of a wedding he did at the aquarium. I just thought you may want to look at them if you are having your reception there. Its on his facebook-Sam Gregory Photography.

thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards