Ohio-Columbus

Park of Roses Venue

I just booked the Park of Roses (site C) for Sept. 17th 2011.  I am noticing online that it seems almost everyone utilizes site B for wedding ceremonies.  Has anyone been to a wedding at the Park of Roses held in the big brick gazebo (the one with bleachers on the top of the hill)? If so, do you have any pictures? Thanks! I'm trying to envision how the space will work!

Re: Park of Roses Venue

• edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are thinking about booking site C for our ceremony as well. We personally like it the best and are planning on having white lawn blankets in front of the bleachers so its more fun and casual. The bad thing with that site is there really is no element of surprise when the bride comes in. Everyone can see you walking down the path. But its a gorgeous location and we love it.

BTW, how hard was it to book at Park of Roses? Is it the same deal as North Bank Park where you have to wait until 1 year ahead of your date and get there early and stand in line?
  • CLECyclistCLECyclist member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When my friend got married there, she camped out the night before, one year in advance.

Site C looks really neat and does have a casual feel, I wanted B (I think?) but the Rose Festival is the weekend of my wedding and they won't book weddings that weekend.

TTC since October 2011.
    DX with Non-IR PCOS in October 2012.
    Missing RIGHT tube due to a prior surgery to remove cyst-zilla (40 lbs!) at age 12.
    HSG showed tube was blocked - cleared by dye. DON'T DO CLOMID WITHOUT AN HSG!
    Cycle #8 with 50mg Clomid & TI = BFN
    Cycle #9 with 50mg Clomid & TI = No response.
    Cycle #10 with Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel shot = ???
    CD12 ultrasound showed no follicles above 10mm.
    CD16 ultrasound showed no follicles above 10mm (WTF)
    Clomid 200mg CD 16-22, repeat u/s on 3/11
  • LizE0904LizE0904 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked site C yesterday for September 17th.  I think there is quite a bit of availability.  It's nothing like North Bank.  Call 614-645-3337 and tell them that you are interested in site C at the Park of Roses.  They will be able to tell you the availability right away. I think site B is most popular, so that one is probably harder to book. However, site B was available on Sept 17th as well.  Im thinking that the May through July dates book up fastest there because thats when the roses are in bloom.  Good luck! We should collaborate on ideas if you end up booking site C too!
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely! I will let you know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards