Louisiana-New Orleans

7.11.09 Vendor Reviews Part II

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} Reception:  Southern Oaks Plantation – A+ OMG.  The best decision we made.  I was blown away by Southern Oaks.  I had never been to a reception there and ours was just amazing.  My sister/MOH had like her 3rd breakdown of the day when she was supposed to be remembering how to bustle my train.  One of the attendants at SoOaks stepped in and figured it out.  The attendants were great and I didn’t have to worry about a thing the whole night.  I loved the private dinner.  I wish I could have eaten more, but my dress and corset underneath were a little snug.  Everyone had a great time and complimented the food and the place.  We added the jazz band and it was also great.  The owner even threw in a few fireworks for us, which we had not added.  He told my Dad he wanted to make it special.  I never really got the concept of the grand entrance thing until we made ours and it was amazing.  The only negative things were that they did cut the money dance short.  There were still people in line and they didn’t continue to another slow song.  I had only written down 2 songs for this dance, but I would have thought they would have continued it as long as people were in line.  The other thing was that a lot of people seemed to not have gotten a piece of groom’s cake.  We had a $400 Superdome cake, and I barely know anyone who said they got a piece.  Other than these minor things, it was perfect and they took care of everything.   I picked Southern Oaks because it was the only place in budget that had chivari chairs, and I’m so glad I was such a picky chair person because I definitely loved Southern Oaks.  I would highly recommend this place for your reception.  It was the best reception I’ve ever been too and many of my guests said the same.    Photographer:  Beebe Tran, Studio Tran We haven’t gotten our professional pictures back, but I’m very glad I booked him.  I will give another review after I get the pictures and then the album back.  DH on the honeymoon said that he and Southern Oaks were our best picks.  I love his work and feel lucky to have had him do our wedding.  I just wish I could have afforded to have both him and Corine do our wedding.   Videographer:  Chad Dyle, Chad Dyle Cinematic Weddings Obviously our video isn’t back yet, but Chad is so great.  He is very nice and I love his work.  He also had the best prices around for his quality of work.  I can’t wait to see my video! Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} Invitations:  Abbey Printing – B I didn’t really price invitations, but from what I heard, I got a good deal.  I didn’t want to DIY because I wanted the raised printing.  I was in the middle of studying for my law school finals when I was proofing the invitations.  I went back and forth with them about the font and they were pretty good about that.  Why they get a B is because the address for the church was wrong on the invitation.  Yes, neither myself nor my Mom realized this and DH and I only realized this when someone asked for the address of the church after all the invitations went out.  I decided not to tell my parents because my Dad is rather hot-tempered.  However, someone gave us a plague with the invitation wording printed on it and of course the address is wrong and of course its someone my Dad works with so if I would have told him, perhaps this would not have happened.  DH says we should tell the printer and see if they will print one invitation correctly for us, but I don’t want the drama.  So, proof your invitation meticulously and not when you are studying for finals.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 7.11.09 Vendor Reviews Part II

• ear1226ear1226 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your post!  My reception will also be at Southern Oaks, and I was just emailing them about the jazz band today.  Which band did you use?  Cant believe they threw in the fireworks for you... How awesome! 
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked the jazz band and requested that it be a 6 piece one.  They said they couldn't guarantee it, but the one we had was a 6 piece band.  Everyone seemed to love it.And I don't think it was a full firework display, but it was a nice added bonus.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards