Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Shower Venue Ideas - from MOH

Hello all!My best friend is getting married in April, and as her MOH, I'm planning her shower with her mom.  She and her hubby-to-be are both from very large families, and we're going to need to rent a location to have her shower.  I was wondering if anyone had any ideas in the St.Charles Parish/Kenner/Metairie area.   The bride has suggested that she'd like a luncheon shower instead of the "put a bunch of chairs in a circle and ooh and aaaah at my presents" kind of thing.  Although there will be plenty of that, too!We're already looking at Kenner Pavillion, Smilie's, and La Maison Magnolia, but we want as many ideas as we can get. If you have suggestions for caterers, too, that would be amazing.  We've got menus for Semolina's, LaBella's, and Superior Grill to start off with.  TIA!!!

Re: Shower Venue Ideas - from MOH

• Options
    jenniferdoughjenniferdough member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my shower at smilie's and i loved it.
  • Options
    gabs813gabs813 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know its about a 20 minute drive from Metairie, but check out English Turn its beautiful!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Chateau Country Club? I will try to think of more :)
  • Options
    AnneMargaretAnneMargaret member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at Smilie's, and I can tell you that the food there is delicious!! They're also reasonably priced, and very pleasant to work with.
  • Options
    lfenascilfenasci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    La Parevenu! (sp?) -- best shower I have been too, food was fantastic (in Kenner, rivertown maybe??).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    perhaps the jefferson orleans north-in metairie- or the rose garden-in river ridge
  • Options
    lous22lous22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at Smilies and can't wait! I've been to a few showers there and the food is always great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Laferniere Park in Metairie has a house thingy that you can rent out.. I think it holds about 200 people. Outside catering is required.. I went to a babyshower there. It was nice. They also have a nice big patio area that is outside for smokers and just some more room.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!  I've sent emails out everywhere you've suggested!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vincent's restaurant has extremely great food and a private room for showers and parties that you can check out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards