Louisiana-New Orleans

Band Recommendations

Does anyone have good band recommendations for New Orleans receptions? I would love a band that is fun, plays great music & gets the crowd up & having fun. Thanks!

Re: Band Recommendations

• tmwhitleytmwhitley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jerry Embree and the Flavors is the band I decided to go with.  There isnt much about him on this board but I have heard great things from other people I know in the area.
  • edited December 2011
    Groovy7!!!! They played at our July wedding and everyone loved them. They kept the dance floor full all night...young and old.
  • meganfauermeganfauer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had Bobby J and the Stuff like that band and they wer AWESOME!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ashnkev421ashnkev421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having No Idea in June...we haven't heard them, but my family thought they were great!!!
  • becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using the Bucktown Allstars!! I'm so excited - have heard great things about them. We're also having Coolbone Brass Band for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Others we looked into and loved were Mojeaux, Groovy 7, and Deacon John & the Ivories.
  • edited December 2011
    The Topcats!!!! I knew I wanted them for my wedding before we even started planning, one of the first vendors I booked. The dance floor was packed all night. They play old and current songs. I gave a play and do not playlist and they followed my request. They are so much fun! Good luck planning.
  • jamielisacjamielisac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Louisiana Spice.  They are a 12 piece band with female and male vocalists.  They place current music, classics, motown - the works.  They have pictures of weddings they have done on their website.  www.louisiana-spice.com
  • jtomkowjtomkow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Groovy 7
  • tullieptulliep member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mojeaux!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using No Idea they are a lil pricy but they played at my friend's wedding and they were incredible!!! I wanted to look at them to begin with but when i saw them at a wedding playing they had me sold. When i put the down payment down they were so excited to play at my wedding!!! I am so excited about having them as my band !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards