Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Pat O's on the River / Bourbon Orleans Food

We are pretty torn between a few venues, but in particular the Pat O's on the River and the Bourbon Orleans. I know they are pretty different, but if any of you had your wedding or have been to a wedding at either place, can you tell me how the food and drinks were? Food may be the deciding factor if one has some much better then the other. Any thing else you liked (or disliked) about either place? Thanks!

Re: Pat O's on the River / Bourbon Orleans Food

• Options
    meganfauermeganfauer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought that I was going to love Pat O's on the river and I have to say when I got there I was not impressed. They were setting up for a wedding and I did not like the fake roses they had out, the plates were lucite (and there was an added cost for silverware and china). I thought it looked a bit Disney World like since it was trying to look like Pat O's but somewhere else. Now I thought the view was spectacular and I know that you could make it look anyway that you want to. This was just my opinion and I think the Bourbon Orleans is beautiful. Regardless this is your day and make sure you go with what you feel inside.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing pat o's on the river.  We picked it because of the views and the drinks.  When we went to do our deposit, Brett informed us that they are making changes to their menu and adding options like a mashed potato bar (that's the only one I remember because I was so excited about that...lol). They are very different locations.  I wanted to do something that was more on the casual end just because that suits us so Pat O's was perfect.  Bourbon Orleans is beautiful though so it's all a question of what you want...I would go see both in person. I know that Brett offered to put out any decorations we wanted (for example I think we may nix the provided rose petals to have some that match my color scheme). Also there is a florist that they provide in some of the wedidng packages so you can add to/change out decorations to suit what you like.   My likes on Pat O's is that there are three different rooms so people can spread out and do what they want (the people who want to talk don't have to get run over by people who want to dance), the outside space, the fact that they serve the full Pat O's bar. My dislikes: that you have to go through that Jax entrance to get to it.  I couldn't care less about the food because I've already accepted that I won't get to eat much of it.  I've left that to my mom who seems pleased. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't say much about Pat O's except that we had fun at the one in the quarter during our pre-wedding mixer. Our reception was at the Bourbon Orleans and we were pleased with how it turned out. The food was great. I do suggest scheduling a tasting with the chef so you can tweak things. For us, it came down to location and convenience. Bourbon O was right next to the church and our guests stayed at the hotel for the wedding weekend. Hope this helps : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards