Louisiana-New Orleans

invitation wording question

Hi ladies, Just wondering: on your invitations, did you put the groom's parent's names on it? and if you did, did you put their names like, Mr. and Mrs. Johnny NoThumbs, or did you put Mr. and Mrs. Johnny and Rita NoThumbs, or did you just put Johnny and Rita NoThumbs? and along the same lines, when you listed your own parent's names, did you put it like Mr. and Mrs. Snobbypants, or did you put it like Mr. and Mrs. Biff and Bunny Snobbypants, or just Biff and Bunny Snobbypants?Sorry, this is probably confusing- I can barely read through it myself! Any input is greatly appreciated, though!TIA!
~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: invitation wording question

• becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We listed both sets of parents mainly because we wanted to acknowledge both sides and also b/c his parents contributed a lot of $. We put Mr. and Mrs. John Doe Smith requests the pleasure of your company at the marriage of their daughter, XX to XX, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Doe Thompson. Does that make sense?
  • edited December 2011
    I think so...are you using "Doe" as the father's middle name? Ahhhh, when did this get so confusing? haha.
    ~Sarah

• becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, Doe as father's middle name. Haha.
  • edited December 2011
    Ours doesn't have the groom's parents' names.  It just says "Mr. and Mrs. Father's first middle and last name" request the honour of your presence...  Traditionally it is the people footing the bill that are considered the hosts and therefore do the inviting.  Even if the bride's parents are hosting, you could still include the groom's parents by saying "son of Mr. and Mrs. Father's first middle and last name" after the groom's name.  For us, I also have another parent and 5 people's names on the invite would just be too much!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies, this has been a big help!
    ~Sarah

• edited December 2011
    I have a mom, dad, stepmom, stepdad and his parents are contributing too.  I finally have decided to go with: the families of Magen Leigh Hughes and John Allan Gamble invite you....blah blah. 
  • efelte1efelte1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we put "son of mr. and mrs. xxx" beneath the grooms name in smaller print to also acknowledge his parents.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards