Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

French Quarter around Christmas

I was wondering if the French Quarter goes all out with Christmas decorations? We are having a post-wedding casual photo-shoot the 1st week of December in the French Quarter. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where some festive scenery would be? Thanks ladies!

Re: French Quarter around Christmas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Fulton Street between Harrah's Hotel and Gordon Biersch. We did our post session there and at Piazza D'Italia. They came out awesome, especially the one our photog got while it was "snowing" on Fulton Street!
    image Who dat, baby! SUPERBOWL XLIV CHAMPS! Saints 31, Colts 14 ttc #1 married 07.07.07 / ttc 09.2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recently read on New Orleans Weddings Magazine's website that the City of New Orleans has a $50 permit fee for photo shoots in Jackson Square. The Department of Parks and Parkways schedules all photography sessions and requires a minimum of two weeks notice to reserve the Square for such purposes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In case you can go a few minutes out of downtown, Audubon Park always has some nice light displays on St. Charles, and they light up City Park for Celebration in the Oaks ihttp://celebrationintheoaks.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Re: the permit for the photos in Jackson Square.....really? I've never heard that! We did our engagements there in June and didn't have any problems....I sort of wanted to do some post-wedding shots there too, but not sure I want to go through the hassle of getting a permit. Do you think this is just for people who want more privacy? If you're just there in the square, can they really enforce that? Interesting....
    ~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards