Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

What to ask when visiting venues?

We are starting to check out reception venues, and would like to know what to ask, and what to be absolutely sure we ask.  ANY help would be appreciated!!!
M

Re: What to ask when visiting venues?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Obviously, cost per person including taxes and gratuity.  You'll need to understand what is and is not included in the cost per person:  types of food, alcohol, wedding cake,  grooms cake, table decorations, chair covers, DJ, security, etc.

Ask about discounts for children if children are on your guest list -- we have a lot of little ones in the family and my venue allows children under 10 at no charge!

You'll want to know how many days before the event that your final head count is due and how much it will cost per person if you go over your pre-paid number the night of the event. 

You will want to view the area where pictures are taken. 

Ask about any special restrictions on wedding activites at that particular venue. For example, my sister's reception was at Champagne Paalce and it wasn't until the night of the wedding we learned that grandparents were not allowed upstairs to take pictures due to concerns about elderly people falling.  I am not sure if this is still true, but pre-Katrina, Southern Oaks had restrictions on what bands could be hired to play there.  Restrictions will vary by venue. 

Find out if there is a wedidng coordinator/dedicated server to attend to the bridal party. 

Most venues I believe have a private area for the bridal party to eat before entering the reception, but you should see how each venue handles the bridal party. 

Once you have a "short list" consult this board for feedback on those particular venues!  Good luck!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    sbelle85sbelle85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Find out if there is a dollar amount minimum you have to spend regardless of the number of guests.

Also, if you want to have alcohol, ask if they have any particular rules or restrictions regarding alcohol.

Is there parking available for your guests?

Are there rules regarding noise? I remember reading several reviews (I don't remember the places) where the venue constantly hassled the band about the noise policy and made them stop playing before midnight.

Catering - Can you hire outside caterers of your choice or do you have to use theirs?

Make sure you get a very specific list of what is and is NOT included in any quotes that they give you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_ask-visiting-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:17133cf6-4a24-460d-a4b6-b89eb5443aaePost:2ad7a466-1cba-40b2-bf61-c7ec32f3695d">Re: What to ask when visiting venues?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Are there rules regarding noise? I remember reading several reviews (I don't remember the places) where the venue constantly hassled the band about the noise policy and made them stop playing before midnight. 
    Posted by sbelle85[/QUOTE]

<div>It was the Benachi House. I've heard that many times. </div>
  • Options
    citybayougirlcitybayougirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My planner gave me a questionaire for various vendors, questions to ask. If anyone wants it DM me your email
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards