Louisiana-New Orleans

outdoor venue for about 150 guests

We would like to have a destinantion wedding in nola.  We're looking for a beautiful outdoor or courtyard venue (wedding will not be during the summer).  What is the most beautiful venue?  We are looking in the quarter, but are also open to places that are within a 20 minute drive from orleans parish.  Ideally, we will have the ceremony and the reception at the same venue.  Budget is not a huge issue. 

Re: outdoor venue for about 150 guests

• eamcardleeamcardle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elms Mansion on St. Charles is a neat outdoor-indoor spot. I think you can rent a street car to take people from the Quarter! I'd also look at City Park and Audobon Tea Room.
  • marisalk46marisalk46 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony and reception at City Park in the Botanical Gardens.  Ceremony in the Camellia Garden with the reception at the Pavillion of the Two Sisters. (which is right behind the Camellia Garden) The grounds are beautiful and the pictures online don't do it any justice at all. 
    Southern Oaks and Plantation is pretty too but I didn't like the drive out there. It's less than scenic and I was worried my guest would be concerned for their safety. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • marisalk46marisalk46 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Board of Trade is also really neat.  I'm not sure if you can have the ceremony there too but it's worth a look.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • TurWalkTurWalk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Latrobe's on Royal is a gorgeous New Orleans venue, but does not have outdoor space. We're getting married in the courtyard of the Omni Royal Orleans and the reception is in the Royal Garden Terrace where we'll have access to the courtyard.  Other courtyard options in the Quarter that we looked at: Broussards, St. Louis Hotel, Maison Dupuy, Royal Sonesta, NO Pharmacy Museum.  I also really liked the botanical gardens.
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone have any opinion about the windsor court hotel?
  • edited December 2011
    The gardens at Avery Island are gorgeous, and there are usually alligators just hanging out not in cages (maybe not a good thing if there will be kids, but FI loved them when I took him there)
    ... and of course the Southern Oaks Plantation is beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_outdoor-venue-150-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:1c64379e-14f8-4bd7-989f-46fa733818c8Post:bd648a50-2165-471e-a250-4a5ef773fd5e">Re: outdoor venue for about 150 guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my ceremony and reception at City Park in the Botanical Gardens.  Ceremony in the Camellia Garden with the reception at the Pavillion of the Two Sisters. (which is right behind the Camellia Garden) The grounds are beautiful and the pictures online don't do it any justice at all.
    Posted by marisalk46@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

This.

Also, I had my senior prom at the Champagne Palace in Harahan, which isn't terribly far from New Orleans. The gardens were GORGEOUS, and the ballroom was tastefully decorated.

Are you sure you want to do a summer wedding, though? The heat and humidity are no joke. : /
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards