Ohio-Columbus
Options

So...what's new with everyone?

This board has been pretty dead. But I guess its b/c everyone is on the other one.

Anything new and exciting going on with you ladies?

Pretty much the same old, same old here. H still doesn't have a job and the holidays are quickly approaching. I am pretty bummed b/c we won't be able to buy anyone anything this year, not even the tiniest gift. But I just got to keep my head up (gosh, it is so damn hard) and pray that it will get better and this struggle will make us stronger in the end.

Re: So...what's new with everyone?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree! so dead here. i miss it being active.
    so sorry to hear that H hasn't found something yet @MissySue
    things have been craaazy around here recently. most things are good like me starting my job in study abroad (love it) but some really not good like my uncle passing away this week. i just haven't had a lot of emotional energy to do anything except read threads. 
    thanks for this thread M!
  • Options
    osuchica85osuchica85 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering why it was so dead on the board. I don't like fb so I never joined the group there. I guess I might have to join.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband, I hope he is able to get a job soon. I am sure everyone will understand about the presents. Sometimes the best gifts don't cost anything. Though, I bet that doesn't make you feel better.

I've been finalizing dj and make-up. I am coming to cbus in a few weeks for turkey day and dress shopping with my sister (who will be in town as well from phoenix). Once I get that done, I hope I can move on to florists.

This is my last week of clinical for my masters in nursing (for family nurse practitioner). I got a letter in the mail that said I passed my comprehensive exams on Friday. So....this Friday I will be celebrating. Basically, I am done with classes with the exception of some minor stuff and a presentation. So I am pretty excited and I've got the countdown going. Unfortunately, I don't have a job or interviews lined up for FNP positions as we will be moving hopefully in May. I can't really get a new job because my licensing exam won't be until early March. So I am hoping the hospital I work at will bump me back up to full time until the move. Otherwise I will be short on money and without insurance (as I don't qualify with my current hours to get it). Honestly though, part of me doesn't want to ask to be bumped back up until the holidays are over....otherwise they will put me on those days.
  • Options
    BAYB153BAYB153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about PP situations :( I hope the holidays bring you both happiness and a chance to be with your families because that's what matters most!

I am also finishing up a 3 month clinical rotation for physical therapy in Charlotte, NC and am super excited to come back home to Columbus! It's been a great experience but I have missed oh so much my fiance and puppy! Also, when I get home, it will be about 6 months 'til the big day :):) I'm looking forward to normalcy (even if for a moment) until the craziness of planner/showers/parties/ DIY projects set in!

• Options
    amcollins32amcollins32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave my final presentation for Grad School last week! :) Now I just have a couple of smaller assignments to finish up the program and I'm home sweet home for graduation on December 17th!!  

On the wedding front, FH and I have decided to do a 360 on our wedding plans...I'll update everyone when we make some final decisions!  Some financial road-blocks caused us to re-think some things...but it will be for the best..we'll still be married in the end! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MissySue, hoping your H has some good fortune on the job front soon.  Sending happy thoughts your way.  And thanks for kick-starting the threads on this board again, too!  Smile

We've had an eventful week, too, some good, some not so good.  Late last week, FI's truck (which isn't running right now but is in our driveway) was broken into and the stereo was stolen so he decided to move up the timeline for getting a dog.  We weren't going to till after the wedding so that timeline moved WAY up - we couldn't have found a more perfect pup though, he's fantastic.  We had been talking for months about selling his truck and my car and getting a small SUV as well so we went looking this weekend and couldn't pass up one of the deals we found.  So we also have a new car.  Fortunately we made a lot from my car and we're paying the same payment and less on insurance.  

Wedding wise, we had our issues with our photographer that I posted on the FB group; after speaking with our photog., we're going to re-shoot the pics at no charge to us and he's agreed that if we aren't happy this time, he'll refund us.  I've scrapped one of my DIY project ideas for something else, too.  Need to get some florist, cake and DJ appointments scheduled for Thanksgiving weekend when we're back home where the wedding is at, too.  Lots to do this month.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    osuchica - I don't have FB either, so don't feel bad

To all the other ladies: thanks for the well wishes. I just feel stuck in a rut we can't get out of. I mean, we have been married almost a year and a half, living with IL's, not a place of our own and no kids yet.

There are some very intelligent ladies around on this board. Congrats to all of you finishing Master's programs and good luck with finding jobs. Those all sound like fields in which jobs should be plentiful..

MissOwl - where are you studying abroad at again? I forget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i work in study abroad at osu. i am going on a study abroad as a staff member though. i get to go to london for two weeks in december with the students so that will be awesomesauce.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, ok. Two weeks is not bad. I was thinking it was going to be for an extended period of time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been crazy busy! Work has been nuts we are so busy with cold and flu season around the corner and I have been picking up extra hours to pay for the wedding, which is just too much! We also are getting all our vendors booked, we have been meeting with bakers, DJs, and caterers, over the last few weeks. We hit our 1 year away on Thursday and it makes everything even more exciting! 

Congrats to all you finishing school! I can't wait to go back and get my masters! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_sowhats-new-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:a3bc2840-52ae-4c7d-a0b4-c2a7e9fe055bPost:0199d558-ddcd-41fe-93a7-7dd966e68794">Re: So...what's new with everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been crazy busy! Work has been nuts we are so busy with cold and flu season around the corner and I have been picking up extra hours to pay for the wedding, which is just too much! We also are getting all our vendors booked, we have been meeting with bakers, DJs, and caterers, over the last few weeks. We hit our 1 year away on Thursday and it makes everything even more exciting!  Congrats to all you finishing school!<strong> I can't wait to go back and get my masters! </strong>
    Posted by tiffanydaniels[/QUOTE]

Me neither. And you guys sure are on the ball with the wedding planning. Kudos to you both :)
  • Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MissySue, I too am sorry about H's job situation. I can relate in a way. FI was laid off from his project manager position over two years ago when the economy tanked. He has work in construction but it doesn't pay anywhere near what his old job paid and he hates it, so that is hard for him. We are thankful that he has some income but it is inconsistent.

We've been working really hard on our new house. Someone (me) had the genious idea to invite the families for Thanksgiving but there is just one tiny problem: we are in the middle of renovations on the second floor and right now only have two bedrooms and one bathroom! We are feverishly trying to finish the second bathroom and the two upstairs bedrooms. Today I got an email that the sink we ordered won't be in for 3-4 weeks. Whoops!

I am in Phoenix for work this week. Is it wrong of me to enjoy staying in a hotel because I don't have to look at our unfinished house? Yes, it is, but oh well :) I do actually feel bad this time because I'll only be home for three days before I leave for Seattle and Portland next week.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards