Louisiana-New Orleans

West Bank Hotels to Get Ready on Day-of?

We're getting married in Marrero in April and we were offered to use a friend's house in River Ridge to get ready, but for photography's sake, I'd like to use a hotel. Anyone know of any nice ones on the West Bank that will look great in pictures, but won't break the bank?

Re: West Bank Hotels to Get Ready on Day-of?

• Not too many nice hotels on Westbank. Why dont you just take them at your friends house?
  • There will be a lot of people there getting ready and I just don't want things to look too cluttered in pictures. But I was just at her house today, and now that I've seen it again, it's way more space than I remembered. 
  • Yeah there are no hotels on the westbank I would recommend to take pictures. I definately would take your friend up on their offer.
  • silverspark7silverspark7 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    A friend of mine got ready at and took photos at the Best Western Plus on Lapalco.  They have a courtyard with a fountain, if I recall.  You can always go take pictures somewhere else, other than the hotel.  If the weather is nice, the Fountain Park shopping center on Manhattan might be a nice photo op with the large fountain.  I know the Holiday Inn on the Expressway was just recently renovated, but I'm not sure on how photogenic it is.

You could also bump up your ready time and see if you can take photos ay Bayou Segnette or Jean Lafitte State Parks.  A little out of the way, but I bet the photos would be gorgeous under the cypress trees.
  • Check out some b and b's in Algiers point. Still quite a ways from marrero though. You might want to save the money and use your friend's house. They really only take a few shots when you are getting ready. Might not be worth dragging your stuff across town. You might forget something and the morning of is very stressful as it is :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_west-bank-hotels-to-get-ready-on-day-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:1f8285f3-38d1-4c47-b639-b06ad186985bPost:e7fb1206-98ff-4919-92d7-827b5ab713b2">Re: West Bank Hotels to Get Ready on Day-of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A friend of mine got ready at and took photos at the Best Western Plus on Lapalco.  They have a courtyard with a fountain, if I recall.  You can always go take pictures somewhere else, other than the hotel.  If the weather is nice, the Fountain Park shopping center on Manhattan might be a nice photo op with the large fountain.  I know the Holiday Inn on the Expressway was just recently renovated, but I'm not sure on how photogenic it is. You could also bump up your ready time and see if you can take photos ay Bayou Segnette or Jean Lafitte State Parks.  A little out of the way, but I bet the photos would be gorgeous under the cypress trees.
    Posted by silverspark7[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for the Best Western suggestion. I'll try to stop by tomorrow to look at the courtyard.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards