Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Transportation Consideration

I'm booking hotel blocks in the FQ, but my wedding is at Audubon Tea Room. Being that many of our friends will be (most likely over-) indulging at the reception, I have looked into transportation to and from the hotels/ATR for our guests for a few reasons - cut down on late arrivals, drunk driving, consideration of those who are already paying to be in from out of town, etc. We are taking care of transportation for the bridal party and their dates. After checking into prices, it is going way over the budget to get transportation for the hotel block guests. There is ample free parking at ATR + cabs, etc for our guests to get there on their own. My question is - should I worry about late arrivals, drunk driving or being considered rude by not getting the extra transportation?

Re: Transportation Consideration

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont think it's considered rude to not provide transportation for you guests. You are already providing a fun night of eating and drining and it's not cheap. I should know bc my reception is at the Tea Room too.:)  I personally am not worried about late arrivals so much as I am about drinking and driving and cabs are not easy to come by when leaving the Tea Room.  We have room blocks in the FQ and are providing a limo bus to shuttle guests to and from.  The cost is about $600.  I dont know all of you circumstances but if you are very concerned about this, maybe you could cut your budget somewhere else.  I eliminated the rolls royce in order to help provide the bus because that is what was very important to me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards