Louisiana-New Orleans

New here! Small venue help?

Hello ladies! This is my 1st post here. I am new to the Harahan area, and I am  looking for a small venue. We want to have a very intimate ceremony with only our closest friends, and family. Most venues I've come across have a minimum of 100. Do any of you know of any small venues in the area? Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Re: New here! Small venue help?

• Well if you're willing to drive into the city, the FQ has some amazing restaurants with private rooms that could accommodate a smaller group.  Antoine's, Arnaud's, Napoleon House all come to mind.  The Maison Dupuis has a gorgeous courtyard that can accommodate a wedding of any size and then a wonderful restaurant where you could go for dinner afterwards.  
  • I also can't really help with Harahan, but in NO, you'll have a lot of nice options for a small wedding. The Herman-Grima House has a lovely courtyard, Beauregard-Keyes House is also very nice.

GL!
  • Oh - and welcome to the board!
    :)
  • Not far from Harahan in Waggaman, they have a nice plantation style venue called Cedar Grove Plantation.  It is a larger venue (probably too big for your tastes), but I wanted to throw it out there since it is close to you.

Depending on the time of year, you could have a nice intimate outdoor ceremony somewhere in Audubon or City Park.
  • We were also looking to do less than 100 and looked at the Natchez steamboat and City Park.  Agree with the suggestion of different restaurants with a banquet room...I would add Palace Cafe to the list.  There are also several mansions in the Garden District that accommodate small weddings, and Rosy's Jazz Hall also looked good but was more than what we wanted to spend.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards