Louisiana-New Orleans

Wedding Day Hotel?

What hotel are you using for getting ready with the bridal party on the day of your wedding??? Also, what room type?

From the countless hotel websites I've visited, it's hard to tell what rooms will accomodate the bridal party and then some. I'm open to all suggestions!

Thanks!!!

Re: Wedding Day Hotel?

• RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    We used the townhouse suite at the bourbon Orleans. It's 2 floors with a staircase nd huge balcony. It worked out perfectly.

There are 2 very spacious 2 bedroom suitesa at the chateau bourbon that have 2 bathrooms, which might be convenient.

The Royal Sonesta also has some lovely suites that would fit a large group.

The Prince Conti has a large 1 bedroom suite that is super spacious and with it's own tiny court yard. There's only one though and you have to ask for it by room number.

The Richelieu has a lovely suite as well with a 4- poster bed and a balcony.

These are some places I researched and/or visited when I was looking. Hope that helps.
  • Bienville House had a pretty cool and large bridal suite. Maison Dupuy has a separate 2 story cottage you can use that is great especially if you were staying for more than a couple of days. It has its own courtyard too. I ultimately did my main room block at Chateau Bourbon I am an OOT bride and we both have our getting ready suites there. Mine is a one bedroom suite with a large parlor. It should easily hold the 810 girls that will be getting ready with me. It opens to the pool area. FI's suite has a balcony overlooking Bourbon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is 8 to 10 girls, not 810 thanks to this junky mobile site with no punctuation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting ready with my bridesmaids in the honeymoon suite of the Royal Sonesta.

• I booked a suite at the Royal Orleans.  It was nice, but nothing special.  I wish I had gotten one with a balcony.
  • I've seen a nice 2 bedroom suite at the inn on bourbon with a sitting area and a balcony.
  • We picked a crazy busy weekend for our wedding so there wasn't too much available but we finally decided on the Westin at Canal Place. The suites are super spacious and you can get a quarter view, river view, or a business view. It all depends what location and budget you are looking for with working with. I gave my information to a New Orleans tourism website and they send out your information to the hotels, which respond to you directly. Let me know if you need it. Good luck!
  • Thanks for all of your suggestions. I will check into the all :)
  • This was a major decision for me, and just booked yesterday... FINALLY!!  I'm getting married at Southern Oaks in New Orleans East at 1:30 pm.  I decided to book a hotel for the night before the wedding and the wedding night, so that I could already be at the hotel when I wake up on the wedding day since I am having an earlier ceremony.  I wanted to stay away from the downtown area because of price and things get so hectic with driving down there and I wanted this to be as stress-free for my bridesmaids, mom, future MIL, and all others who would be coming to the hotel.  I looked and looked for nicer hotels in the Metairie area.  First I stopped at the Marriott at Lakeway which is right by the Causeway.  I found it a little hard to navigate the area it was located at and the parking garage was a NIGHTMARE.  I was shown the Executive Suite and the Presidential Suite.  She Executive was pretty small and even though I only have 4 bridesmaids, I thought it would be a tight squeeze for everyone on the day of the wedding.  There was a tiny regularly sized bathroom, the bedroom area, and a separate little area with a sofa that closed off with French Doors.  The Presidential Suite was gorgeous, and the bathroom was amazing, but the downside is that there is only one presidential suite in the entire hotel (as compared to I believe 17 or so Executive Suites) and it is already booked for my wedding day.  I was told that there is a Junior Presidential Suite, but I was unable to view it as it was booked when I was visiting.  On my way home from the Marriott, I passed the Landmark Hotel on Severn and decided to stop in.  I was given a key to a suite and was able to go up and look at it by myself.  One downside to the Landmark as compared to the Marriott is that it's a little less lavish and it had that "hotel" smell.... but I dediced to go up and look anyway.  And I'm so glad I did!!  The suite is SO spacious.  There's a living area, a kitchen type area with a sink, fridge, microwave,etc, a spacious bathroom with a stand up shower, and the bedroom has a JACUZZI TUB RIGHT NEXT TO THE BED!!  As soon as I saw that I was sold!!  It was everything I had been looking for... convenient, spacious enough to accommodate everyone getting dressed, a jacuzzi tub, and a reasonable price.  The suite is advertised as $299 a night, but I was told that they only charge that price when the city is having a busy weekend.  I was given a rate of $199.99 a night when I called yesterday and spoke to the general manager, Mr. Rex Waller.  One thing I should mention though is that there are three jacuzzi suites, and they are all located on the smoking floor of the hotel.  The suites themselves are non-smoking.  I did smell a musty odor in the hallway before I entered the suite, but I figure I will bring some Febreeze and everything will be OK : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards