Louisiana-New Orleans

Private room rehearsal dinner ideas

Hello ladies!

Any suggestions for a good venue with a private room for a rehearsal dinner. I have a huge bridal party. So  I am thinking to give them a true NOLA feel a buffet with a good selection of New Orleans food may be best. The problem I  am having is how to keep it just to the bridal party. Because it's a destination wedding, everyonre wants to be in the mix, but I simply cannot afford to pay for everyone( I am paying for them at the reception the next day) Any ideas on  where to go ?

Thanks ladies
kiki

Re: Private room rehearsal dinner ideas

• edited December 2011
    what area are you looking to have it? French Qtr, Mid City, CBD, etc
    what's price range and what feeling are you going for?
    We looked at Muriel's, Brennon's, Galitoire's, Arnaud's, Broussard's and a few more. There are lots of options out there, depending on what you want.
  • RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kiki, I'm going to assume since you're getting married in the FQ that you're looking for somewhere in the FQ for the RD. In the $50-65/pp range, I found Olivier's, Arnaud's, Nola and the Conti House.  Olivier's has great Creole home-cooking and a private room on the 2nd floor that I think has a 50 person minimum.  The Conti House private rooms, are just beauiiftul (http://www.valentinocontihouse.com/gallery.html)and their menus look great.  Nola has a great modern, softly lit private room on the 2nd floor.  So it all depends on your budget and the feel you want.

In the $65+ category, I'm partial to Muriel's but their private rooms book up quickly so chop chop.

As far as limiting your guest list to just the wedding party, ours is a DW and that's what we're doing too but we're going to have my aunt and uncle invite guests to join them for informal drinks at the hotel bar.  We've timed it so that we will go over and join them about 45 minutes into it, and though we aren't paying for drinks, we will have a few hors d'oeuvres platters put out.  Maybe you can have a friend or family member "host" guests elsewhere and join in later to welcome them.
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter is in the same position.  They decided on Tujagues.  The dinner is for the BP  and immediate family and will be held in a private room upstairs.  Then everyone is invited later for cocktails downstairs.  I know Tujagues was budget friendly but I don't know the price per person.  Acme Oyster House was something they considered - private room, reasonably priced but Tujagues works better for the cocktail reception after dinner.
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing the Chartres House Cafe.  It has a private dinning room and a balconly.  Seats up to 50 people and the price was at about $50 pp.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks you ladies so much. You are all just fabulously awesome! I have looked into the Acme Oyster house and man, that menu lookd good. I'll check out all the other suggestions. Thanks again.

21 days.. woo hooo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards