Ohio-Columbus

Photography Help

So far, we have looked at a few photographers.
However, we have either found photographers that are way too expensive for our budget, are willing to try to help, or suck. Any advice? And who did you use/are using for your wedding???

Re: Photography Help

• edited December 2011
    We are using picture perfect potraits they are super nice and their work is really good. We are getting 2 photographers and 2 videographers for the entire day for around 1700 dollars with tax. My friends is looking into azar and she really likes their stuff and they are not too bad in price, from what I hear. We were also looking into rose devore, she is really nice and has amazing work and another friend of mine used her.

good luck
  • edited December 2011
    We are yousing Lindsey sholz photography she's supper nice, and prett afordable!
    Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aem2006aem2006 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Tasha Braniff Photography! She's really affordable and talented! She did our engagement pictures and they are lovely!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Marie White Photography (link).  You'll get two photographers all day, an engagement photo session, a custom album, and a CD of all of your edited images for $1750.  She has other items available a la carte, or more elaborate packages, if you're interested.

Hope that helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I went to high school with Sarah Gaylor http://sarahgphoto.com and she's done so many of our friends weddings, engagements, babies, etc. She's wonderful and pretty reasonably priced. HTH
  • edited December 2011
    We used http://kaleidophotostudio.com/ for engagment, wedding coming up. price is good

I had photos taken by http://photoscuro.com/ for a motther's day gift, good and will work with your budget, very good price

met with http://martindigitalphotography.com/ and his photos are amazing, great packages too
  • osuchica85osuchica85 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was looking for photographers one of the least expensive people I came across was Melissa Pauquette. Turns out she is the wife of one of the people I went to high school with....anyway, I never met with her because I liked some other people better but her prices are amazing (600-1500 for her packages). I came across her actually after seeing one of my childhood friends little sisters head shots on facebook. Turns out she did her wedding too. Anyway, she looked great in her photos. I think I have seen other people on the board like her as well. Good luck!
  • loislane906loislane906 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    A little late to the party, but I used Nathan Reich from Reich Photography. http://www.reichphotos.com/

He did a fantastic job capturing all the shots I wanted, but didn't take too long getting them which my H loved! PM me if you want to see any of my photos (I'm usually on the May 2011 board). Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tweber, I think we might end up using Lindsey Scholz too! She seems great and her pricing is very reasonable. A friend recommended her.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Picture Perfect Portraits also.  They are really helpful and communicate great and their price ($1200 for 2 photographers) works well for my budget.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm working with Kristin Yates at DegasGirl Photography. She did our engagement photos and they turned out great. She's bringing a second shooter the day of the wedding for no extra cost.

We did pictures for our daughter's six month birthday with Amanda at i Foto Belli. Her work was remarkable and we were so happy. I think her wedding packages start at $1000 for all day with two people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We used Picture Perfect for our wedding last September (vidoegraphy as well) and they took a gazillion awesome photos, stayed almost the whole day (only after I told them they could go home), and they posted a "sneak peak" very soon after the big day (which consisted of over 100 photos... so we were more than satisfied at getting to look at pics so soon while waiting for the full disc, which had well over 1000). The video was also amazing :)
  • edited December 2011
    Annie Thress photography! They are Soooo nice and are great!! Prices are good too! We did 6 hours for 775 and you get 5 prints free And all your photos on CDs for 350!!! We love our pictures and they are So friendly but very professional!
  • edited December 2011
    We're going with Azar Photography.  He's very affordable (he has one package at $1400 and offers reasonably priced extras taht you can add).  I love his style and thought everything we looked at was great!
  • edited December 2011
    I too am going with AZAR Photography! His pictures are so good I was getting teary-eyed just looking at them. He captures so much genuine feeling and love in his photos, I just know our pictures will be wonderful. Also, $1400 for the quality of work he turns out is unbeatable. Check him out! Also, don't be scared to go meet with him at his house, he's a nice, quiet guy with a thick accent. I was just shocked when the meeting was at his home, but his studio is there, so you get a much better idea of all his work by going there. Just an FYI! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    All of you are amazing!  Thank you so much for posting what you know... I am having the same issue with finding someone who is affordable and takes high quality photos... or maybe I'm just really picky :-)
    I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, A church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife.
  • shushu1208shushu1208 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also second Melissa Pauquette Photography!  She was so amazing and her pictures are just gorgeous :-).  At least, we were pretty happy with them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we're meeting with jessica love photography today. i think photography is the one thing i'm going to not worry about budget. photography and food are the two things that people will ALWAYS remember about a wedding, lol!

interesting to read everyone's posts about pricing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards