Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Thoughts on Get Polished for hair and makeup....

I just booked GPE for my wedding day beauty. I've read several negative reviews on here about them and now I'm getting a little nervous about using them. They have been very quick to respond to my emails and calls I'm just worried about their finished product. To anyone that has used them.. Did you like the way your hair and makeup turned out? Would you recommend them??

Thanks!!

Re: Thoughts on Get Polished for hair and makeup....

• Options
    wedinnolawedinnola member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Can't speak to their beauty services, but I had such a HORRIBLE experience with them as wedding planners that I would not recommend them for anything. Sorry!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used get polished for my wedding in dec. I had read all of the negative reviews and i was really nervous about it too. But I loved my hair and makeup. They did the hair and makeup for all of my bridesmaids and they did a great job. I had a trial with them about a month before my wedding and I just brought a ton of pictures of exactly what I wanted so that there was no miscommunication. No problems with them at all.
  • Options
    Zhenya986Zhenya986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used get polished for beauty (and planning) and hated it. They were several hours late on the wedding day, and were not finished doing hair/makeup as people were seated in their seats!! no apology, no nothing. My hair fell out quickly and I could've done a better job doing my makeup. I got very unlucky.  

I did do a trial a month before. They made me take a cab (i was an oot bride) to their shady office located off a service road in metairie. They were late to that appointment too- and again my hair fell out in .02 seconds.  I was in tears after my trial. Being an OOT bride, it was too late to book anyone else. I crossed my fingers and was promised left and right by emily that the wedding day would be better....

Not worth the risk to book get polished. Looking back, i wish i had booked flawless bride, SWAK, or any of the other more professional vendors in New Orleans. What it comes down to is that GP is not professional, so it is very hit/miss when it comes to satisfaction.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards