Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Favors

What is everyone doing for their favors?  I would love to do something New Orleans themed, but at a reasonable price.  Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Favors

• Options
    misslizz2misslizz2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a second line so making the personalized hankies our favor but I did have another idea. I went shopping recently at the mardi gras/ bead stores (making the second line umbrellas). One of the places sells the fleur de lis car magnets for about $5/doz. and then you could buy beads in bulk depending on your colors (lots of new orleans styles). You could put them in a sheer organza drawstring bag (look for these on ebay), also the color of your choice. Just a thought.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Leah's pralines. Really reasonable price, and you can get them in little boxes with custom labels.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are thinking about doing pralines as well, Leah's pralines are in our top choices because they come packaged with a label.

...ktprieto, have you had a chance to taste leah's pralines? We haven't tasted them yet and I was wondering how they tasted!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_favors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:40e1b25f-55d1-4800-9d00-02fe125642c4Post:6e7964a0-b4f4-4f11-8266-31b49fb20e43">Re: Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]...ktprieto, have you had a chance to taste leah's pralines? We haven't tasted them yet and I was wondering how they tasted!
    Posted by andreaa2288[/QUOTE]

<div>No sorry, I haven't! Honestly I was just going to trust that they were good, lol.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shot glasses
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im doing shot glasses and pralines.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MaggieB83MaggieB83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, where are you getting your hankerchiefs?
  • Options
    hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We did pralines (homemade, just bought a big package of gold fleur de lis stickers to seal them), fleur de lis sugar cookies, hankies, and a photobooth.

My aunt also got some cheap slippers and ironed fleur de lis patches on them, and they were def. the biggest hit of the party!

• Options
    amyj54amyj54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with can koozies.  We ordered 100 w/ a fleur de lis and our date for about $125
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing little 3 oz. bottles of Crystal Hot Sauce and some mardi gras beads for fun.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hubig's pies (FI's favorite!) with a custom label that has our names and wedding date.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you getting your koozies?
  • Options
    meredithcheekmeredithcheek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

try GEM printing for the koozies.

• Options
    amyj54amyj54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my Koozies from discountfavors.com I received them last week and they are good quality.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We decided to do a donation to St. Judes children's research hospital in lieu of a favor. Each guest will recieve either a bookmark or scroll stating that we made a donation in honor of each of our guest. I donated 200 dollars for 100 bookmarks. I may also order some coozies as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards