Louisiana-New Orleans

Anyone having a MORNING WEDDING and BRUNCH RECEPTION?

The idea ran through my head at work (did i say that?). The more i googled and yahoo'd, the more I'm falling in love with the idea. I was thinking of a 10:30 or 11:15 ceremony start, 1130 to 1215 cocktails, and then brunch 1230 -230ish. Havent told FI yet but still thinking it over. Where could I fit in the second line in my sample timeline? Definatly dont want to take that out.

If anyone having a morning/brunch wedding, would love to hear your ideas and timelines.

TIA

Re: Anyone having a MORNING WEDDING and BRUNCH RECEPTION?

• edited December 2011
    I had a 10:30 wedding and a 12:30 reception.  We had it on the Sunday before MLK Jr Day, so prices were cheaper since it was a Sunday, but people still had the extra time to travel over the holiday weekend.  The only thing I regret about having a moning wedding/afternoon reception is that people don't really feel like dancing at that time of day.  No one really gets drunk enough (ours was a champagne brunch, no hard alchohol), but I was okay with that since I don't really like danching too much anyway.  But if you were planning on having a band/DJ, you might feel a little gyped if people don't get up to dance.  But who knows, maybe your people are a little more flamboyant then mine were.  The pictures were beautiful, and then we still had the whole night to be with friends and family after the whole thing was over - plus you don't spend the whole day agonizing over being ready, cause when you wake up at 7 your still done by about 4.  Sorry, that turned into a novel.  Let me know if you have any other questions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards