Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Just wanted to complain - Re: RSVP's

Why don't people RSVPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Re: Just wanted to complain - Re: RSVP's

• Options
    Are you getting married at the end of February? Still kinda early for RSVPs. We are 6 weeks out and still have only heard from half of ours. People are just slow I guess. 
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Just wanted to complain Re: RSVP's:[QUOTE]Are you getting married at the end of February? Still kinda early for RSVPs. We are 6 weeks out and still have only heard from half of ours. People are just slow I guess.nbsp; Posted by agvg75[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Heck, I think it's still a bit early for invitations to even be going out for a late February wedding.
  • Options
    Good Luck! We had to make a good bit of phone calls in the end. Plus, a few family's ADDED guests to there RSVP cards, more than what had been allotted for them. Who does that?
  • Options
    I am having the same issue. My wedding is in 30days , and I have about 20 RSVPS , out of 225 guest !
  • Options
    Well this wedding is 100 destination and our hotel block rates expire December 23rd. Our RSVP deadline is Dec 15th. Unless we get 115 or so responses we will also have to call
  • Options
    When is your wedding? If it really is not til the end of February, Dec 15th is super early for an RSVP date. Many people do not know that early on if they can take time off work, have the money, etc. We also had a destination wedding and there was no issue with an RSVP date three weeks out from the wedding. To be honest, a large number of guests did not make it in time for the hotel block discount, they simply paid regular price. With the holidays being so close, I'm not surprised you have few and I would be prepared for a lot of "I don't know yet" responses when you call. Even if you get them to commit to a yes or no, I would bet you are going to have a lot of people call in between now and your wedding who either can't make it after all or found some funds or time off available and want to go. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it seems like a potential headache.
  • Options
    I totally understand your opinion ZeroOrchestra! It's just that hotels are getting dicey  (i.e. WAY more expensive) with the Marathon that weekend. Just trying to save our guests the wedding and since we sent out Save the Dates super early along with being engaged for a long time we're expecting that at this point people have some idea.
  • Options
    I hope it works out for you and your guests are proactive with getting hotel deals! Don't let them stress you too much, at least you have a good amount of time to track down responses.
  • Options
    With this early of an RSVP date, be prepared for a lot of people to tell you yes, then cancel on you at the last minute. Your deadline should revolve around your catering headcount deadline and not the hotel situation. You have offered your guests the hotel block info, it's really up to them to figure out their accommodations after that. I hope you don't end up paying for a lot of people at your reception that have changed their travel plans in the two months in between the deadline and your wedding date. That happened to me with a normal 3 weeks out deadline. People will not think twice about responding yes, then telling you at the last minute they can't make it anymore. I know there isn't much you can do about it now, but I would suggest telling the people you do have to follow up with that the hotel block expires on a certain date but you definitely need their decision by your catering headcount deadline.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was big on the email/call follow up.  We did a round of emails/calls before our hotel blocks expired just to give guests that extra "heads up".  After that, it's up to them to get on the ball, but Id stress the lack of hotels that MAY be available after your dates due to marathon, etc.  Good luck!
    dml
  • Options
    just in case anyone was wondering - facebook messages have seemed to help - lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards