Louisiana-New Orleans

Vendors and buffet?

Hi everyone,

We have to get our final count to the venue this week, and I am curious to know which (if any) vendors ppl allowed to eat from their buffet. 

We will have 5 present during the reception (photorapher, photog asst, 2 photo booth operators, and the DJ). The main photographer will be with us from 2 to 10, so I definitely want to include her in the buffet count. Leaning towards including everyone else as well, but just interested to know what other ppl are doing. 

Thanks!

Re: Vendors and buffet?

• edited December 2011
    My recepeption place actually asked me to include them, but it was up to me to decide to. Also, you should check the contracts. My photographer and band both have in in their contracts that I have to include food and drinks the night of the wedding. I dont think it says that in my photobooth contract though. Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue (STL) made me include all vendors & did not give me a "reduced price" since the package also included an open bar. Kinda crappy, but oh well.
  • phunluvin82phunluvin82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP...first check your venue and vendor contracts to see if they say anything in them.  Like PP, my band contract also stipulates food and drink included...so at minimum I have to count our band...and since that is the majority of the vendor people, we will most likely just be counting them all. 

Next, I would ask your venue if they have a discounted rate for vendors (some do, some don't).  If there are no contract requirements, then I guess it's up to you who you want to include...but if you have any doubts, I would honestly just include them all.  Think about working a wedding and reception all night and being told you can't eat anything b/c you don't 'count' for the caterer!
  • hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another option is to ask for simple sandwiches and chips for them - like a brown bag type meal - and put it off to a room on the side for them to break.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards