Ohio-Columbus

Help!!! Trying to find venue for a ceremony!!!!

Hey Everyone,

I am 8 months away from my big day and I still don't have a location for a ceremony. I already have my reception venue (The Lakes) booked but I would like the ceremony at a completely seperate location.

My wedding is in late April so I don't want an outdoor wedding, too risky. I don't mind having it at a church but I'm up for just about any unique location. Any ideas? Laughing

Re: Help!!! Trying to find venue for a ceremony!!!!

• edited December 2011
    Are you looking for a non-denominational church? There are many non-denominational churches around town. What part of town are you looking in? I know the Lakes is in the Westerville area. Are you trying to stay in that vicinity?
  • edited December 2011
    I would highly suggest getting a copy of Columbus Bride and Groom they have tons of places that they list with price, size, phone number etc.
  • sgandtbsgandtb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been looking for a non-denominational church, but where the church is located doesn't have to be in Westerville. I've looked into a few locations and some churches have very strict rules and time frames. I'm open to some other options besides a church.
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the cute chapel at the Ohio Historical Society? You just bring in your own officiant and get hitched there. Then it's about a 10-15 minute drive to The Lakes.
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• PookieJ2010PookieJ2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Chapel at the OHS........I tried to find it online & I can not find any info on it.

Help!??
    Jillian*~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Here is rental info for the church at the ohs...I want to say when I looked it was a $225 an hr or so and 2 hr min...
    http://ohsweb.ohiohistory.org/places/c09/c09-02.shtml
  • LizLVWLizLVW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony at St. John's downtown. It is a UCC and is old and very historic-looking. The women there are soooo sooo nice and are really flexible. It is definitely more traditional, so I'm not sure if you are looking for that. Also, free parking! Good luck!
    image 263 Invited
    image 178 are ready to party! image 51 are so missing out image 34 are making me crazy!
    RSVP Date: May 7th
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The OH statehouse would be beautiful or the Museum of Art. I've also heard of the Hawk Gallery doing ceremonies. How many people are you expecting? You might be able to do the North Bank Park building so you can still have outdoor views with but you'll be indoors. 
  • sgandtbsgandtb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will probably have about 100-130 guests, nothing too big. I've looked into North Bank and they have minimum of 5 hours you can rent on a Saturday. I would like a place thats more flexible than most. I have my own officiant (YEAH!). Does anyone know of some more ceremony locations close to or under $1000 to rent? Those were great options! I'll check them out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards