Louisiana-New Orleans

Omni Orleans and Latrobe's --- has anyone used them?

I'm getting married in Dec 2011 and I'm trying to finalize my venue.  Expecting about 150 guests.   Any feedback would be great!

Re: Omni Orleans and Latrobe's --- has anyone used them?

• LGJ713LGJ713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We seriously considered both places and decided on latrobes in the end.  We picked latrobe's over omni because latrobe's is unique conpared to just a hotel ballroom and latrobe's was more flexible and we would have the entire venue to ourselves the whole night.  If I remember correctly, our reception at the omni would have to end by 11 or 11:30 due to the noise from the band distrubing the hotel guests who would be staying above the ballroom.  Also, the Omni may book another wedding ceremony in the courtyard before or after yours, which made timing a little less flexible.  Feel free to private message me if you need further info.  Hope this helps :)
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at Latrobe's and actually tried to book it but they were taken already for our date.  I thought it was a fantastic venue, and the people there seemed nice and organized.  The only thing I would be concerned about is having enough space.  I thought it might be a little tight with 150 people.  
  • phunluvin82phunluvin82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a friend's wedding at Latrobe's a few months ago and it was really nice.  As far as I know, she really liked working with them and didn't have any problems.  They had about 175 and had the dj in the room that looks sort of like a courtyard, but inside (if you've seen it, you'll know what I mean) and had the tables and food in the 'main' room and they set up two or even maybe 3 bars.  It did not seem too small to me all at for that many people.  I don't really have any experience with Omni, so I don't have a comparison, but Latrobe's is gorgeous.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for sharing!! I did find out the Omni would have us end the night at 11pm which was way too early,
  • edited December 2011
    If you talk to Celeste at the Omni, she will tell you that she has to get the approval of someone higher up to continue the party after 11:30, but it is do-able. They will just put your block of hotel rooms over the ballroom, which won't matter anyway since your guests will be at the reception.

My FI and I loved the Omni, and after visiting 6 downtown hotels, picked it because it just felt right. Have you visited both Latrobe's and the Omni? I suggest taking your FI there. I think it's like the dress, when you find it, you just know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards