Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Photobooth: Yes or No

I'm struggling to decide whether or not I should go with what some would consider "traditional wedding favors" because of the lowered cost. My wedding has a photo theme and I would love to tie that into the favors somehow and the photobooth trend seems like the natural idea. I just don't want to spend such a hefty buck on something that will in the end be thrown away. If you all would be so kind and answer the poll question and/or give other favor ideas for our theme I'd GREATLY appreciate it. Smile

Re: Photobooth: Yes or No

• Options
    Photobooths are such a huge hit at weddings!  I know they are very popular, but I've definitely kept all of my photos.  I've seen some really cute bookmarks or frames for photobooth pictures.  You could give those away as gifts.  I also love the pictures to sub as a guest book.  No one really signed mine since we also had a photobooth album, which was a real bummer, because I spent hours making mine.
  • Options
    I voted "B" because I would put it in a photo album.  I really like the idea.  They are just so costly.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your opinion. I think I'll be moving forward with my reservation.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_photobooth-yes-or-no?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:6011bc46-c664-4805-8eb4-a20f8e676b36Post:dce5801f-78f7-4638-805e-4c0d68ca8bbd">Re: Photobooth: Yes or No</a>:
    [QUOTE]Photobooths are such a huge hit at weddings!  I know they are very popular, but I've definitely kept all of my photos.  I've seen some really cute bookmarks or frames for photobooth pictures.  You could give those away as gifts.  I also love the pictures to sub as a guest book.  No one really signed mine since we also had a photobooth album, which was a real bummer, because I spent hours making mine.
    Posted by louisianablue[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    devine328devine328 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    They are certainly costly but I'm so pegged on the idea and unfortunately I can't come up with anything else that's creative to apply with the photo theme. Thanks for your help.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_photobooth-yes-or-no?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:6011bc46-c664-4805-8eb4-a20f8e676b36Post:6ac02529-04dd-4a6c-8153-518bb9109bf8">Re: Photobooth: Yes or No</a>:
    [QUOTE]I voted "B" because I would put it in a photo album.  I really like the idea.  They are just so costly.
    Posted by TrulydPrincess[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I hate to say this, but I've been to a few weddings where I loved interacting with the photobooth, but the photo got burried in a clutch or tossed on a desk, never to be seen again.

I went to a wedding where they did a photo booth-type thing, except instead of photo strips, they printed one big photo magnet.  I still have them on the side of my fridge.  That might be a good way to go!

ANother wedding I went to had photo coasters.  They went through the time to pick out photos of the bride/groom with each particular guest, and used that as place cards/favors.  Really creative idea, but you could always just do the coasters and put a message where the photo goes.  Then, when they get home, they can swap your message for their own photos!
  • Options
    We're having a photobooth at our March 9, 2013 wedding. I have asked around a lot and this seems to be the biggest hit at weddings. Our vendor makes a photo book with the pictures, and has guests write a little note next to their picture. We get to take it home at the end of the night. It's pretty costly though-this was the last thing we added to or budget.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for sharing your experiences and being honest. It's heloped a great deal and I'll be moving forward with the reservation.
  • Options
    I definitely recommend getting one. It's the hit of the wedding.  We hired Magazine photobooth for our upcoming wedding in October.
  • Options
    yes, I just used  a company called The Social Booth and there booth was different than most. It was a big hit. I would do a booth. Great wedding gifts for your guest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards