Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Poll on bakery

Haydels or Swiss Confectionary. Which is better? Cant decide

Re: Poll on bakery

• Options
    We liked Swiss better and chose them. Haydel's was a little too much almond overload for us. Did you do a tasting? The folks at Swiss were really nice and friendly but we didn't contact Haydel's. ps our Swiss cake was beautiful also
  • Options
    I'm going with Haydel's. I always thought Swiss, but the last few weddings I went to, the Swiss cakes were very dry, nothing special. Although neither one were great at design, the Haydel cakes look a little better to me. I've found the Swiss cakes look a little unfinished. Also, I love the praline filling at Haydel's!
  • Options
    I used Haydel's and was very pleased with the outcome design wise and taste. My guests had positive things to say about the taste too. Very easy to work with throughout also. I never considered Swiss or have tasted their cakes, so I can't comment on them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I almost picked Haydels.  I ended up going with Ambrosia Bakery in Baton Rouge because I thought their cakes looked more professional and flawless.  But the cakes at Haydels were better tasting than Swiss, in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards