Louisiana-New Orleans

Affordable Second Line Brass Band!!

I had my wedding 3 weeks ago.  I desperately wanted a brass band to play but everyone was wayyyy too expensive.  I was hanging out on Frenchmen a month or 2 before the wedding and heard Young Fellaz Brass Band playing on the corner.  They were great with the crowd and knew how to get everyone dancing.  I got their card and contacted them.  Their price was perfect!!  I booked them for the last 30 minutes of our reception.  We didn't meet ahead of time or have to discuss anything but they showed up on time and knew all of the right songs to play.  We didn't do a second line on the street so we didn't have to worry about any permits.  Instead they played on the dance floor and we did a second line around the room.  It was the highlight of everyones night and we know we will remember those 30 min for the rest of our lives!  If you want an authentic brass band performance look into them!  YOUNG FELLAZ BRASS BAND IS FANTASTIC (AND AFFORDABLE TOO)!!!!!!! 

Re: Affordable Second Line Brass Band!!

• I've heard those guys too.  They are so talented and get everyone in the street dancing!
  • This seems a little spammy to me...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_affordable-second-line-brass-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:69b963ab-247f-4c63-988e-4323d518dcc4Post:f88a5117-2a63-45a2-b48c-bdd827f157b0">Re: Affordable Second Line Brass Band!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This seems a little spammy to me...
    Posted by agvg75[/QUOTE]

I don't know who the original poster is but personally, I go listen to these guys all the time on the weekends, and I'd hate anyone to think less of them because of this comment.
  • Anyone have contact informtion for the Young Fellaz Brass Band?
  • It's not spam at all guys...  I emailed them from the email on their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/youngfellazbrassband?fref=ts and they emailed me a few days later.  I was so pleased with their performance and I hadn't seen anything about them on anyone elses posts so I wanted to spread the news!
  • I'm curious what Young Fellaz wore to the wedding.  I'm not even sure that I care, but I've noticed that in all the pictures I have found of them, they are always in t-shirts and super baggy shorts, etc.  Do they wear something different for weddings?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_affordable-second-line-brass-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:69b963ab-247f-4c63-988e-4323d518dcc4Post:394877e9-343c-459c-817f-40f61c2bc101">Affordable Second Line Brass Band!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had my wedding 3 weeks ago.  I desperately wanted a brass band to play but everyone was wayyyy too expensive.  I was hanging out on Frenchmen a month or 2 before the wedding and heard Young Fellaz Brass Band playing on the corner.  They were great with the crowd and knew how to get everyone dancing.  I got their card and contacted them.  Their price was perfect!!  I booked them for the last 30 minutes of our reception.  We didn't meet ahead of time or have to discuss anything but they showed up on time and knew all of the right songs to play.  We didn't do a second line on the street so we didn't have to worry about any permits.  Instead they played on the dance floor and we did a second line around the room.  It was the highlight of everyones night and we know we will remember those 30 min for the rest of our lives!  If you want an authentic brass band performance look into them!  YOUNG FELLAZ BRASS BAND IS FANTASTIC (AND AFFORDABLE TOO)!!!!!!! 
    Posted by shijuelos[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards