Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Wedding Day--what do the guys do?

Hi ladies! I just wanted some ideas of what your grooms are doing the day of the wedding. My girls and I are having the usual girls wedding day: brunch, manicures, etc. but my fiancee and his friends don't know what to do. I don't want them doing anything that involves heavy drinking, and also, my dad and future father-in-law will be with them, so it has to be something respectful. Any ideas? I think most of them like to golf, but I'm not familiar with any golf courses that are close by.

Thanks so much!

Re: Wedding Day--what do the guys do?

• Options
    bmfraziebmfrazie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you wanting something in the Quarter or what?  I don't know what all my guys are doing but they are going to Cafe du Monde for beignets and doing a little site seeing type of stuff (most of them have never been to NOLA). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very nice!! We are staying in the Quarter and our wedding is in the Quarter, but if there's something cool elsewhere, I'm sure they'd be fine with leaving the area for awhile. I think I'm going to see if I can find them a short fishing trip or something. I'm hesisitant for them to plan anything too involved in case they get stuck some where or something.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My groomsmen and I went to Aiden Gil for a nice relaxing shave, then lunch at Palace Cafe before getting dressed. It was very relaxing, and about the best shave I;ve ever had.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Exactly what i was going to suggest.  Aiden Gill is a men's salon on Fulton Street.  Call o see if you can rent it out for the morning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess it depends on what you're future husband likes to do -- I know mine will spend his wedding morning fishing with his friends and brothers :) I like the lunch and men's salon idea, too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hey Lauren!  The guys are going to be hungover from their first night in NOLA!!  Our guys slept in, went to lunch together (we had a 4 oclock wedding) and then all went back to Allan's hotel to get ready.  I wouldn't plan too much for them- they may want to take that morning to check out the city, grab breakfast with their significant other, etc.  I would also reach out to any of the wives or gfs of groomsmen and see if they want to get ready with the girls too...sometimes they feel left out!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OH i really love the Aiden Gill idea! That sounds perfect! Thanks for the idea!!!

Magen, I wasn't planning on arranging anything for them because I figured they are big boys and can find their own thing to do, but I keep over-hearing phone calls about some ideas that they are throwing around, so Ryan just keeps asking me "what should we do? what should we do?" Ha! Our wedding isn't until 5:30, so I thought it'd be nice for them to have at least one activity planned to kill a little time.

Love that you mentioned inviting all the girls to get ready. So nice!!
  • Options
    hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our guys are going to Port O'Call to eat & drink! I'm pretty jealous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards