Louisiana-New Orleans

Invitations

Where did ya'll order invitations from?  Did you order them from a website, or did you actually go into a store?  I would like to go into a store to talk to someone, but all of the NO stores that I've been able to find online look SUPER expensive.  Any suggestions?

Re: Invitations

• edited December 2011
    Yes!!  I am so in the same boat, had NO idea how much they cost at all- but still wanted something that looked luxe.  Lol- I am quickly running out of money and would not be able to do this without her.  Found this rocking graphic artist on Etsy (also found a super inexpensive calligrapher with the coolest font ever....that's another post though!).  Her name is Kristy Watts and she made our rocking Save the Dates with envelopes for $1/piece.  She will make anything you want- has a ton of samples you can see- and is beyond responsive. 
    I found a not-to-be-named-here brand name invitation from a local paper store I loved, but could not afford, and Kristy is making an oh-so-similar one for us at the fraction of the price.  She is also making our favors ridiculously cheap (chocolate fleur de lis)...she rocks and is willing to work with your budget.  She lives in Denham Springs if you wanted to get in touch with her to set up a meeting.  I live in Alabama, and am getting married in New Orleans, and we talked over the phone for like an hour one night and have continued to correspond over email!

Feel free to email me with more questions or to see my samples- magenhughes at yahoo dot com

Here is her shop site:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/rouxbee1?ga_search_query=rouxbee&ga_search_type=seller_usernames
  • edited December 2011
    Kristy is my sister, and if you want to see what her invitation inserts look like check out my bio. I did all of the DIY parts of the invite, but she printed my inserts for me. I also had the chocolate fleur de lis' and they are under the DIY section of my bio.

I wanted a pocket fold invite but without the huge price tag which would have been close to $700. I bought the supplies and made them myself for closer to $300 without postage.

HTH!
  • arhatcharhatch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Abbey Printing in Terrytown.  The prices are reasonable and the people are so nice and helpful.
  • lola102980lola102980 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

have you tried gem  on veterans. i got mine there and they were pretty and priced right...

• ln1919ln1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out: http://thepaperstylist.blogspot.com/search/label/Wedding%20Invitations

Her name is Ann and she will custom make invitations for you.  You can just send her some "inspirational images" and she will design an invitation for you.  She will email you proofs for your approval and you can ask her to make changes.  Then she will assemble them and send everything to you, all you have to do is address the envelops!!!  So easy!!  I used her and I got many compliments on my invites.  She can work with you in a price range as well.  She also makes place cards, thank yous, save the dates as well to match your theme if you want. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards