Louisiana-New Orleans

not having an actual "Exit"

so the venue we chose gives us a suite for the night of the wedding, therefore, we will not be doing the traditional exiting of the bride and groom. Our reception must be done by 10pm so i was thinking maybe we could get a carriage ride away from the venue instead and ride around City Park or something?? I'm not really sure, any other ideas?

Re: not having an actual "Exit"

• Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i never saw the "exits" from the last 3 weddings i went to. I don't think it is a big deal.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ladean2ladean2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you're having the ceremony at a church or a different venue, you could do the traditional exit from the ceremony instead of the reception.  I've seen that done several times and actually like it better because everyone is there for it (rather than at the end of the reception, where half the people have already left).  Good luck!

• hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are having a carriage take us around the quarter for our exit, since we are staying at the hotel that night.

• edited December 2011

I think you can play around with this and have fun! i  dont know how our exit is going to work, but we are leaving with 32 of our friends and family on a shuttle bus back to the hotel to continue the party! ha!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MMW10MMW10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a carriage ride after the wedding Sat. night (SO happy to be married, btw, ladies!!). It was GREAT.  The hotel gave us each a drink to take along. I took my shoes off, put my feet up, and relaxed for over 30 minutes in the carriage--I highly recommend it.  When we got back to the hotel, guests were gone, except some of the wedding party, and we got to eat more cake and drink some champagne. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_not-having-actual-exit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:79aedb54-87d5-4f53-90ec-36bddc11d77dPost:95d843d1-99f6-4d44-b3fd-0b9f4c7114c5">Re: not having an actual "Exit"</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did a carriage ride after the wedding Sat. night (SO happy to be married, btw, ladies!!). It was GREAT.  The hotel gave us each a drink to take along. I took my shoes off, put my feet up, and relaxed for over 30 minutes in the carriage--I highly recommend it.  When we got back to the hotel, guests were gone, except some of the wedding party, and we got to eat more cake and drink some champagne. :)
    Posted by MMW10[/QUOTE]

that sounds so nice! if we can afford it, i think we will go this route. my bridal suite turns into our suite for the wedding night so i will have someone make sure everything is out and the room is "prepared" while we are gone...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards