Louisiana-New Orleans

"Welcome to New Orleans" bar/lounge/restaurant venue in French Quarter

Hi alll,

Our wedding in on November 8 (yipes is coming up fast!) so alot of our guests are flying in on that Thursday late afternoon/early evening.  Instead of having a traditional rehearsal dinner (due to everyon's crazy flight schedule), we wanted to have a gathering someplace in the FQ where we could maybe get away with appetizers and an open bar for a couple of hours at around $500-750.  Any suggestions?

Also - we were thinking of post-Wedding festivities at Napoleon House just in the general bar area.  Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!
dml

Re: "Welcome to New Orleans" bar/lounge/restaurant venue in French Quarter

• November is usually nice weather here, so I would try to find a place with an open balcony in the French Quarter. I had an event once at Margartiaville. They have a private room there with a balcony in the French Quarter. The prices for the event were very reasonable. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing a welcome party in the upstairs of Tujague's.  They've been very flexible in terms of package options.  
  • We are having our welcome party at Acme Oyster house in the reef room, a private space above the restaurant. Very reasonable prices, cool space with open balcony and fantastic food! We picked this space befores we picked our venue, and there is no where else we wanted to have our party!
  • Oh, and I've read very lack-luster reviews about the Napoleon house service, sorry. )
  • I'm in the same boat! I'm not having a rehearsal dinner instead Im having a welcome dinner for everyone who is flying in. We chose Margaritaville to host it. They were reasonable for their FB minimum. Our contact person was a nice guy named Brett. Check them out and see what they can do for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PPs about Margaritaville - great service and super reasonable prices. We had our Welcome Party there with apps and drinks and it was great - perfect location and fun atmosphere too.

Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards