Louisiana-New Orleans

Least expensive time of year to get married

Does anyone happen to know the least expensive month to get married? I'm guessing eaither January or September, but if anyone knows for sure I'd appreciate it. I'm looking for when vendors would be offering off season discounts. Thanks :) 

Re: Least expensive time of year to get married

• Probably August.  It's right in the middle of hurricane season and a million degrees outside.
  • Hi Sweet NOLA,

In my experience, first quarter (Jan-Feb-Mar) and third quarter (Jul-Aug-Sep) tend to be the slow periods.  Discounts should be available for either.

Third quarter in New Orleans is  a) HELLISHLY hot,  and   b) the peak of hurricane season.  To be safe, skip August & September altogether.

First quarter--that's the time, especially March, which is typically cool and dry.  Nice month for a garden or courtyard ceremony!

Good Luck!
  • I just checked the calendar--Valentine's Day 2014 falls on a Friday!  He'd NEVER forget your anniversary!
  • I'm getting married at the end of September, and noone gave me a discount! 
  • I'm getting married mid-March and we didn't get any "seasonal" discounts at all, it's one of the most popular months to get married here because the weather is so nice. I don't know about seasonal discounts because I only looked during the spring but if you're looking to get a discount, consider a Friday night, Saturday during the day or Sunday.
  • asd2011asd2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I work at a hotel and the cheapest rates will be in July, August and early part of September.  I'm thinking vendors would be most flexible during this time because no one wants to be in NOLA because it's so hot.  Also keep in mind that if you're looking at a Saturday afternoon or Friday/Sunday evening, vendors will also consider providing a discount. Good luck!
  • i don't know about NOLA, but here in AL a lot of vendors give discounts if you're having a wedding on fridays or sundays.  think about having an "off" day wedding.
  • masdumasmasdumas member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_least-expensive-time-of-year-to-get-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:7cc946cd-90d8-4a9d-9cac-93fceb027c4dPost:884f86c5-5c20-4b61-840f-31833f5c74bb">Re: Least expensive time of year to get married</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married at the end of September, and noone gave me a discount! 
    Posted by MJ4205[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm getting married at the end of september too, and we got a deal on our rooms, and the venue space </div><div>we also are getting married on a friday so that helps</div>
  • Aside from hotels (which have flexible pricing anywhere, not just New Orleans), and maybe having a lower minimum to meet (as is the case with a place like Latrobe's), I really wouldn't be expecting any "vendor discounts".  Like from who?  I haven't heard of any well known photographers, DJs or hair & makeup artists offering discounts because of the time of year, and my cousin just got married in December.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_least-expensive-time-of-year-to-get-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:7cc946cd-90d8-4a9d-9cac-93fceb027c4dPost:1369c295-46c9-4031-85e3-097680f92d23">Re: Least expensive time of year to get married</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Least expensive time of year to get married : I'm getting married at the end of september too, and we got a deal on our rooms, and the venue space  we also are getting married on a friday so that helps
    Posted by masdumas[/QUOTE]

<div>I PM'ed you</div>
  • I got a vendor discount from my venue for my January wedding. Also, all the hotel rates are much lower.
  • I got a vendor discount from my venue for my January wedding. Also, all the hotel rates are much lower.
  • We booked our wedding in February at Southern Oaks Plantation and received 10% off the booking price. Great deal if you ask me! They were also willing to give discounts for January and August.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards