Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Hotel for Wedding Night

I am actually from the BR board, but I am wondering if you guys could suggest a nice hotel to stay in close to the French quarter (and everything else like Aquarium, Jackson Square, etc) for our wedding night and an extra day or two. We can't take an actual honeymoon right away because I will be teaching and do not want to take off any days since I will have just started

Please let me know what your suggestions are! Thanks :)

Re: Hotel for Wedding Night

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Same as us!  We are going on our honeymoon this fall.  We are staying at the super incredible Roosevelt (a Waldorf Astoria hotel) for two days after the wedding.
  • Options
    KellieGaspardKellieGaspard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Omni Royal is smack dab in the middle of the Quarter and actually a very beautiful hotel! Most rooms have balcony access and if you book online, you can get a special package discount. There are several options available. =) HTH!
  • Options
    tmwhitleytmwhitley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are staying at the Ritz  on Canal.
  • Options
    slappy985slappy985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Harrah's and Loews are on Poydras towards the river.  the hilton riverside is near evrything.  Hotel Monteleone and the W french quarte are in the quarter
  • Options
    themegtthemegt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are staying at The Royal Sonesta
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Astor Crowne on Canal, 5 minute walk to the river and on the corner of Bourbon. We had a nice suite and had our block there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the windsor court hotel is really nice, too...i second the loews (great service and atmosphere). new orleans cvb website is a great place to find attractions, hotels, and food
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the Royal Omni. We are staying there for two nights after our wedding before leaving for our honeymoon. GL!
  • Options
    AnneMargaretAnneMargaret member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're looking at the International House or the Iberville Suites for our wedding night.  Both are really nice, and fairly reasonable at about $150/night.  Iberville Suites shares a building with the Ritz, and you have access to their spa, etc.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the responses and sharing your experiences at different hotels. I will look at each one online and try to narrow it down. My fiance' is set on Harrah's, but I just wanted to see what else was out there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're likely staying at International House. My room block is at Bienville House, but I think we want to be away from everyone for our wedding night.
  • Options
    lous22lous22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Le Pavillion Hotel on Poydras.  I've stayed in every hotel that people have suggested....this is by far the best and most romantic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are staying at the Bourbon Orleans. They have 2 story suits with balcony's that are very nice and great to get ready in before the wedding too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're also staying at the Roosevelt Hotel. It really is a beautiful place!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Roosevelt.  It is beautiful.  The Sazarac Bar is great along with the Restaurant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards