Louisiana-New Orleans

Hair/Make-up Travel Fees

I'm shocked by the apparently standard $50 travel fee for make-up artists in New Orleans, especially when they don't have their own salon.  Has anyone found a way to avoid them? or at least reduce them?

I'm from Austin and most makeup artists here don't charge for travel or charge something nominal like $15.  It's hard to think of spending $100 in travel alone for a trial and day of...

Re: Hair/Make-up Travel Fees

• lbmsrlotrlbmsrlotr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you find a way around them, let me know. I, too, was shocked at the travel fee. I know you are out of town, but PLEASE get a trial hair & make up appt before your wedding day. I just had one done by Get Polished & it was awful! If that had been my wedding day, it would have been ruined.
  • edited December 2011
    I am not using one of those hair/makeup companies and I am not being charged a travel fee. For makeup I am using Kelli Bode - KissAndMakeup4.webs.com

For hair i am using a friend that is a stylist.

I do expect to pay for their parking at the hotel.

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • marleemillermarleemiller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Two Sisters Hair and Makeup: http://www.twosistershairandmakeup.com/. They did an awesome job.  I had 8 bridesmaids, a flower and they did a great job on all of our hair. They also did an awesome job on makeup. They do not charge a travel fee. I highly recommend. If you want to see pictures...email me at marlee.engel@gmail.com
  • MaddyA0710MaddyA0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I had my wedding, Get Polished charged a $100 travel fee! So ridiculous considering for my "trial" i had to take a $40 cab to the shadiest office building ever in metairie.

I think you could probably negotiate the travel fee down , especially if you have a lot of girls getting hair/make up done, and especially if they do not have a salon.

• amydave2011amydave2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone!   All helpful comments and tips!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards