Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Downtown Wedding reception help?

We are getting married next May in downtown NOLA.  I am leaning towards the Immaculate Conception Jesuit Church for the ceremony and the Roosevelt Hotel's Blue room for reception.  Has anyone used these sites and if so what were your experiences with the sites.  We both live here and have heard great things.  Any suggestions are welcome.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: Downtown Wedding reception help?

• Options
    eamcardleeamcardle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married at Jesuit at the end of March and it was amazing. We had such a great experience working with our priest -- it was really meaningful and kept what was important in perspective. 

And the church speaks for itself. It is stunning. We didn't even really have flowers (just palms, it was right before Palm Sunday) and it was still gorgeous. 

Heard good things about the Roosevelt, too, but it was out of our price range. I'm sure it will be gorgeous. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    where did you have your reception?? I'm leaning towards Immaculate conception as well, and the Roosevelt is also a little too pricey for us...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the double post y'all.  Thank you for your input with the church.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm interested as to where you had the reception as well, if you dont mind my asking where did you hold it?
  • Options
    eamcardleeamcardle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our reception was at the Wax Museum on Conti. I loved working with Beth. We used Pigeon Catering. You bring in your own food but have to use their bar, which helps control the cost.

It's in a perfect location for a second line from Jesuit. Downstairs at the museum is cool and a bit creepy, but we liked the uniqueness of it all. Upstairs is a gorgeous room -- plenty of space for 150 people to sit down and sit have a dance floor and stage.

We had a block of rooms at Chateau Bourbon, so everything was walking distance. Worked out great and saves a lot of money and headache.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards