Louisiana-New Orleans

hotel accomidations?

is it just me or is every single hotel in NOLA majorly expensive?!  anyone had a head's up on less expensive places for my family and guests to stay?

Re: hotel accomidations?

• Hotels in the quarter are not cheap. You can find some good deals in the CBD. In the quarter though I usually get good rates at the Prince Conti. We spent a week at Hotel Royal last fall and it was easy on the wallet. The French quarter best western gave us a great price for our hotel block. Also check out BBs sometimes they have better rates. oh and we have friends who swear by Hotel Richeleau for good deals. Depending on the time of year you are looking at, the prices change.
  • They are pricey to just book it online, but the price goes down when you book a room block. We did a room block at the Hilton Riverside and we got the rooms for 100 cheaper than just booking online!
  • The cheapest hotel that I found that still has good reviews so that I'm not recommending someplace seedy to my friends is La Quinta in CBD. I also set up a block at Crowne Plaza but people found better deals at Chateau Lemoyne which doesn't do room blocks.
  • I think hotel cost is relative - and depends on when and what else is going on that weekend. We're getting married at the end of September and we're getting a rate of 140 at Hilton St. Charles - CBD - and 170 at le Pavillion - if we were doing it 2 weeks later, costs would go up 20%
  • i just don't want to spend $160/room for 1-2 in a small room, ya know?  for that price where i live i could get a jacuzzi suite.  i'd rather offer my guests a more affordable option since we're all traveling from different states to come to nola.

i've thought about looking into B&Bs.  hopefully we can get a good rate.
  • Try the Inn on St Peter or Lamothe House. They are on the outskirts of the French Quarter.  Or you can always try right outside of Nola (in metairie)

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_hotel-accomidations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:876e4d50-aadc-4589-8f3d-57f3067caabdPost:2459bd9d-3cdb-49fa-a121-fb171a9b00e0">Re: hotel accomidations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i just don't want to spend $160/room for 1-2 in a small room, ya know?  for that price where i live i could get a jacuzzi suite.  i'd rather offer my guests a more affordable option since we're all traveling from different states to come to nola. i've thought about looking into B&Bs.  hopefully we can get a good rate.
    Posted by nmccrary[/QUOTE]
  • I get that it's cheaper where you live, but that's not the norm for Nola. Hotels in the quarter are not cheap in peak seasons. The ones that are more reasonably priced probably do have smaller rooms. Best western French quarter and holiday inn on Canal might be a good deal. PP's suggestion of Metarie is good also. It's not walking distance but it's not terribly far either.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_hotel-accomidations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:876e4d50-aadc-4589-8f3d-57f3067caabdPost:05309871-a54f-4efd-857c-53c3fb717824">Re: hotel accomidations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think hotel cost is relative - and depends on when and what else is going on that weekend. We're getting married at the end of September and we're getting a rate of 140 at Hilton St. Charles - CBD - and 170 at le Pavillion - if we were doing it 2 weeks later, costs would go up 20%
    Posted by masdumas[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'm getting married at the end of September also! Did you book le pavillion for bridal prep? If so, do you know how big the rooms are? </div><div>
    </div><div>I saw a few pictures of bridals in their lobby and it looks beautiful, but I know most hotels do not allow you to take pictures there if you aren't getting married in the hotel.</div>
  • are you looking for a room block????...have the convention bureau to put out a bid for you...we got way better prices that way.......or you just looking for a few inexpensive rooms...try the wesite...Kayak..there are lots of cheaper rooms up by the expressway by the mall if you can make that work
  • It's hard to get a good rate in the French Quarter, but I was able to get $99 rooms at both the Hilton Riverside and Wyndham Riverside for my hotel block.  Both are located near the aquarium.  The only hotel I offered in the French Quarter was the Omni Royal Orleans at a rate of $149 and very few people chose to stay there. 
  • Negotiate with them if it is not the busiest time of the year.  If you also have a number of rooms.  I was in a wedding, jus after Superbowl and the bride got a great deal.
  • Don't be afraid to ask for a lower price.  Just by telling them what I was hoping for the one hotel lowered their price by over $75.  Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate!
  • I am having the same problem! 

We are getting married on a long weekend in October and actually found that we found it cheaper to book online than to secure a block of rooms. We are going to recommend a few hotels in the same area along different price points and, for now, we are just telling our geusts to book online. We are going to try again to negotiate for a cheaper block of rooms but it has been a difficult and frustrating process. 

We did manage to secure a block of rooms for the bridal party at the Olivier House which is more of an eclectic B&B style hotel than it is a conventional hotel, but the price was good, the shared courtyard nice and the location really convenient. 

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards