Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

RSVP Card vs Website

So I hear a lot of wedding guests do not use the RSVP cards that are supplied and pre-postaged. It was recommended that I do wedding website where ppl could RSVP. Which option do you think is better?

Re: RSVP Card vs Website

• Options
    RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it really just depends on your guests.  I made a chart of my guest list and divided it by active online users and those who are old school (think, older relatives, guests of your parents you don't necessarily know that well), and it ended up being split about 50-50.  So I sent traditional RSVP envelopes to half and the other half got an RSVP card directing them to our website to RSVP, with no postage-paid envelope.  We're using wedding window.com, and their RSVP interface is excellent.

If your guests are primarily younger and comfortable online you could forego the envelopes and only use them for older and/or more traditional guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Bezlu. I am doing the same. I am sending the online address to those that I know are computer literate and R.S.V.P cards to those that I know would prefer to do it the old fashioned way. I am prepared to make phone calls if I don't receive either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Older guests will be hesitant to do that online. Younger ones it would be fine for but you will still probably have to call half of them to get a response. I see no harm in doing both though.
    April 2012 - October Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    andreacgm3andreacgm3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with with all this posts but if you still dont want to send or print or pay for the postage then for the old schoolers include phone number (s) for them to rsvp so it would be something like this

KINDLY R.S.V.P ONLINE AT
    OR BY PHONE AT

HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL! Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Most of our guests are on the younger side and technology savvy, so we set up a website through Wedding Window where you can RSVP (even for multiple events).  I would highly recommend that site, by the way.  You can do all your wedding planning from there (guest list, budgeting, website, etc.). 

We figure that a few of the older guests will not understand how to RSVP so we are prepared to call them a month before.  We invited 150 total and we already have 60 yes responses and only 7 no's.  Goes to show you that NOLA is an excellent place for a "destination" wedding!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards