Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Meet and greet location?????

We are having a simple wedding with no rehearsal dinner, but wanted everyone to get a chance to meet each other on Saturday night in or near the French Quarter. We don't want to pay to feed everyone just somewhere we can get a reservation for 30 to 40 where we can order our own drinks and appetizers. It's a saturday night so it may be tough ; I am lost. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Re: Meet and greet location?????

• Options
    louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I don't think anyone is going to give you a reservation for that many people without some sort of set menu, especially if you're expecting separate checks for everyone.  Doesn't that seem sort of like an awkward thing to invite people to?  Maybe you can just spread the word that you want to meet at X bar when you get to New Orleans.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_meet-greet-location?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:8f8bf5a9-1abc-44de-9605-8c4ffa4ab8a8Post:ee9c10f7-af49-41d6-94e0-d37b446fddc0">Re: Meet and greet location?????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think anyone is going to give you a reservation for that many people without some sort of set menu, especially if you're expecting separate checks for everyone.  Doesn't that seem sort of like an awkward thing to invite people to?  Maybe you can just spread the word that you want to meet at X bar when you get to New Orleans.
    Posted by louisianablue[/QUOTE]

I was originally thinking exactly what you said above, I guess I just wasn't sure what a good bar would be to try and randomly invite everyone to... Maybe I should have stuck with that.

Bar suggestionbs then??
  • Options
    Couple of thoughts - Napoleon House if you want more casual (but one of the coolest and oldest bars in the FQ).  If you want to go a little more up-scale maybe the bar in Hotel Montelone?
    dml
  • Options
    Some of the local chains on St. Charles may do that--Zea's, Cheesecake Bistro, Bravo's.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Crescent City Brewhouse is on Decatur and has great drinks and appetizers. You can get a reservation and it has great local flavor.at Also Pat O's for an atmosphere where people aren't expecting you to pay....it's really casual though, but cool.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards