Louisiana-New Orleans

Wedding Dress Shops

Does anyone know of any good wedding shops in New Orleans close to the French Quarter?

Re: Wedding Dress Shops

• I think almost all of the bridal shops in New Orleans are outside of the French Quarter.  Your best bets are to go to Wedding Belles or Yvonne LaFleur.  They are both uptown.  For what it's worth, my favorite boutiques were Bridal Boutique by MaeMe (near Lakeside) and Olivier Couture (Mandeville).

You can also try Town & Country which is on St. Charles.
  • There are several in Metairie as well. 

If your on a budget, I recommend Pearls Place. It can be a bit of a mad house at times, but the prices and selection are great. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second louisianablue - by far my favorite two shops! However, their selection is small(er) since they are boutiques, but I found my dress at MaeMe's!

I found Pearl's Place to be like an assembly line, and found the sales people to be rude. We ordered our bridesmaid dresses from there in DECEMBER and still have heard nothing (yes, that's right, not bridal dresses, bridesmaid!) 

Also Pearl's Place includes alterations but their hours are crazy (like MWF 10-2 or something). 
  • I had a horrible experience at Pearl's Place. They have horrible service and when i complained to the management about my negative experience, the owner didn't seem to care at all and made excuses for his employees.
  • All that I know is that most everyone at Town and Country is rude and not helpful.

On Severn Avenue in Metairie you have three shops that should work for you.

Good luck and glad you are visiting our town.
  • Definitely try the Bridal Boutique by MaeMe on Severn.  You never need an appointment, but I'd recommend one just to be on the safe side.  Mandy and Melissa really know their stuff.  You won't be disappointed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Avoid Town and Country. I got my dress there and it was the worst experience and one of the most expensive vendors of the whole wedding. Nightmare!
  • I had a friend have a terrible experience at Town and Country, she got hers from Pearl's Place and it wasn't a great experience, but not terrible.  I love Olivier Couture, the staff is fabulous and really worked to figure out what kind of dress I was looking for.
  • I had a wonderful experience with Shelley at Bustles & Bows Boutique in Metairie.   So helpful, creative, supportive.  Alterations have been easy.

MaeMe's was helpful but very small selection.

Pearl's place was so rude that I walked out.
  • Try Linda Lee's in Metarie I'm getting my dess from there, they are really nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards