Louisiana-New Orleans

Your Reception??

Where are you having your reception/what are your favorite prospects?
I have in looked into a few common places: The Elms, The Columns, Hotel New Orleans, Southern Oaks etc etc, but I am looking for more unusual or not obvious venues.

Re: Your Reception??

• edited December 2011
    Muriels!!  Killer decor!! 
  • marleemillermarleemiller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding and reception are at Gallier Hall...it is beautiful and in a great location.
  • janderson0004janderson0004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the Omni
  • keila17thkeila17th member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are using The Balcony in Metairie

Laughing

• edited December 2011
    I just had my bridal shots taken at Piazza D'Italia, the outdoor portion of the Loew's Hotel.  Love!!!!!!!

http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Hotels/New-Orleans-Hotel/Tour/AmenitiesGallery.aspx
  • edited December 2011
    Latrobe's!!! It is AMAZING!!! Very New Orleans and very different than anywhere that we looked.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • lfenascilfenasci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    N.O. Board of Trade - Amazing and definitely off the radar from the standard.  Beautiful courtyard, phenomenal space, catering, etc.  We could not have been happier with our entire experience there!
  • carlybarley7carlybarley7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone!!
    keep posting if anyone else has some more :)
  • arhatcharhatch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cedar grove tchoupitoulas plantation!
  • edited December 2011
    we are doing board of trade, but also looked at city park pavillion of two sisters, audubon park clubhouse and audubon park tea room, st louis hotel (beautiful courtyard), renting the private home "the benachi house" , the cabildo
  • edited December 2011
    I am just starting to plan and am from OOT and know very little about NOLA venues, but here are the one's I have found that aren't mentioned above:
    - St. Louis Hotel
    -The Foundry
    -Southern Yacht Club
    -Louisiana Castle
    - Grand Oaks Mansion/ Mardi Gras World/ River City Ballroom (all owned by Blaine Kern, who is THE Mardi Grad man)
    -Rosy's Jazz Hall
    -River room (may have the name wrong, but it is on top of Jackson Square)

If anyone has any information about these, please feel free to chime in!  Good luck planning!
  • carlybarley7carlybarley7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For everyone doing Board of Trade...I looked there, but they say 4,000 just for rental?? Is some of that knocked off or part of the package or is that truly just the base rental price?
  • AnneMargaretAnneMargaret member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Smilie's Restaurant in Harahan.  Awesome food, even better prices.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree about Smilie's, my rehearsal dinner is there (they do weddings there too) and my reception is at Southport Hall, both places are lower cost options with great food.  Southport isn't fancy but it's a really old cool-looking place with awesome liquor included in package, a cool staff, and great sound.  Actually both places have awesome staff.  Since we booked a cheaper place we invited tons of people, and FH is definitely excited about the crowd, the drink menu and the more relaxed atmosphere for both events.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our rehearsal dinner at the Southern Yacht Club. Everyone in my family has had their rehearsal dinners there , so it's kind of a family tradition. The yacht club was just rebuilt and they did an awesome job.  The views in the East Dining room are gorgeous and there is a nice balcony off the room. But it is a little small and there are no decorations. You also have to have a member sponsor you. 
  • edited December 2011
    Keila when is your wedding... I'm getting married at The Balcony Too!!!Smile  My wedding is June 27, 2010.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cm10/10cm10/10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pavilion of Two Sisters in City Park.  The room and the botanical gardens are gorgeous.  What sold me on the room are all the windows that look out onto the garden.  Our second choice was the Audubon Tea Room since I liked the idea of getting married at the zoo- haha.  It was a little more than we wanted to spend though.
  • edited December 2011
    kind of a delayed reply- but for carlybarly- board of trade seems more expensive when you look at the rental price, but is actually one of the cheaper options i found in terms of catering and drink prices (so the rental price kind of evens out)
  • edited December 2011
    My advice is to stay away from the Cricket Club LOL

We're having our reception at Colonial Country Club in Harahan, now. Our rehearsal dinner is at Smilie's. Kim with Colonial has been wonderful, and she can get you anything you want.

My sister had hers at Riverview Room last year - the place was very nice and affordable, the food was great, but your guests will have to pay to park (which is the price you have to pay for having a reception in NO).

Our best friends just had theirs at Southern Oaks - and it was wonderful! I had seen beautiful pictures, but they had not done the place justice, and the food is great too!

Good luck with your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards