Louisiana-New Orleans

Bridesmaid and Groomsmen Gifts

What is everyone getting as a gift for their bridesmaids and wedding party?  What about a gift for your parents?

Re: Bridesmaid and Groomsmen Gifts

• stacyl13stacyl13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm giving my bridesmaids Volatile flip flops (I got them at Silvester's on Williams; they have a huge selection).  I also have cheap jewelry for them to wear the day of but I didn't want jewelry to be their gift and them feel like they have to keep it if they don't like it.  This way they just wear it for the wedding, then they can throw it away if they want.

For the groomsmen, we got 60qt ice chests from Sam's.  They're on wheels and have the handle and cup holders on top.  We're having labels made with the guys' last names to put on each one.

Parents are a little tougher...as of now I'm giving each set a picture frame, but I haven't found one I like yet.

For my greeters (girls handing out programs) I got them tote bags.

My readers and gift bearers are getting a print of a fleur de lis that my uncle draws and sells that has typical new orleans sites incorporated (Cathedral, superdome, etc). 

• edited December 2011
    i dont have that figured out yet, but I am definately getting the girls these awesome wine glasses. Here is the website:

www.fizzyartist.com/WEDDINGS.html" target="_blank">http://www.fizzyartist.com/WEDDINGS.html

I just love them!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MMW10MMW10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my bridesmaids jewelry for the wedding and I paid for their hair and makeup to be done--but it's a surprise. They all were nervous about what they should do that day, so I took care of it for them! My stylist is bringing gift bags with a gift certificate and makeup brushes on rehearsal night so that I have something to actually hand to them.
    We haven't figured out what to do for the guys yet, but I love the idea of the coolers!
    My flowergirl is getting a tea set and flowergirl sparkly shirt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ssoileaulsussoileaulsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridesmaids - wedding jewelry, reception flip-flops, and hair/make-up

Groomsmen - stainless steel Zap Cap bottle openers and giftcards to each of their favorite places

Flower Girl - pearl bracelet with fleur de lis charm, plastic flower camera, and classic Nola children's books (Goodnight Nola, Cajun Three Little Pigs, etc)

Ring Bearer - camera and Nola children's books

Parents - after the wedding, framed pictures from wedding
  • mhebe49mhebe49 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the ideas :)
  • edited December 2011
    I got my bridesmaids their jewelry for the wedding as gifts.  They are wearing freshwater pearl necklaces with a fleur dis leis pin I attached in the necklace, pearl stud earrings and bracelets.  The groomsmen are either getting beer mugs or shot glasses with their names engraved.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards