Louisiana-New Orleans

Outdoor Reception sites in the French Quarter

I'm an OOT Bride and trying to organize this whole wedding from Houston. I'm looking to have a nice outdoor ceremony for about 50-85 Guests. Because my guest list is under 100, most venues are telling me I need to have a Friday day or Sunday day wedding. I would really like to have an evening wedding, but I guess it will depend. I'm also on a budget. I would like to have a nice outdoor wedding, maybe in a courtyard or with nice gardens. I really want a second line parade in between the ceremony and reception in the quarter. Possibly Muriels or Brussards for the reception. In otherwords, I'm having a hard time finding a cute venue for a small wedding that has a beautiful outdoor scenery in the French Quarter. Any thoughts??

Re: Outdoor Reception sites in the French Quarter

• TurWalkTurWalk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The NO Pharmacy Museum has a cute courtyard available for cermonies, but I'm not sure about receptions.  I think the Maison Dupuy also has a smaller courtyard for about 50 people.  There's also the Hermann Grima house which has a nice courtyard and the St. Louis hotel.  I really loved Muriels for the reception site with the Pharmacy museum for the ceremony, but had difficulty with rain backup.
  • eamcardleeamcardle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maison Dupuy Hotel has a lovely courtyard. 
  • edited December 2011
    it seems like St. Louis hotel could be perfect. we didn't use it because it was too small but it looks so beautiful.
  • Megan  auerMegan auer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine at Broussard's courtyard and it was beautiful. Attached to Broussards is the Herma- Grimma house and it has a beautiful house/ courtyard for a gorgeous wedding.

Also we stayed at the Royal Sonesta and there was an outside wedding going on in their courtyard during our stay there.

Best of luck,
    Megan
  • Megan  auerMegan auer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And Royal Sonesta is across the street from Broussards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards