Louisiana-New Orleans

The Guild House?

Anyone ever have ceremony or reception at the Guild House? What did you think of it? Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Re: The Guild House?

• edited December 2011
    Do you mean the opera guild house? If so, I thought it was very nice, and considered it, but we decided we wanted a venue dowtown.

It was a beautiful, and just dripping of New Orleans. There is beautiful artwork and antiques all around the house. The one downside is that you can not have children at your reception because of all the antigues. HYou can bring in your own caterer, and they have a list with a lot of options. There is a very nice outdoor area you can have the ceremony in. It is more formal, but it is a great option.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, the opera guild house. I toured it the other day and it is very beautiful, but I did not hear that the you couldn't have children....uh oh... Did you hear this from the lady who showed you around?
  • edited December 2011
    The woman who gave us the tour said that as long as they are in the wedding party "wink wink" they are okay, but they generally do not allow them. If you do have kids that will be there it sounds like they can remove most of the antiques in the room, but again that is part of the charm of having it there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards