Louisiana-New Orleans

Vendor Reviews for July 14 wedding

I LOVED ALL OF MY VENDORS! 

Reception- AUDUBON TEA ROOM- A++
They were fabulous! And took wonderful care of the bride/groom during the reception. The venue was beautiful and all of the attendants were great. I received tons of compliments on the amazing food and how nice the service was.

Ceremony- HOLY NAME OF JESUS- A++
The cooridnator at the church was a lifesaver! I had terrible nerves the morning of the ceremony and she helped me out immensely! She was wonderful to work with and she made sure the entire ceremony went smoothly. 

DJ- OMEGA ENTERTAINMENT- A++
Fabulous!! Best DJ I have ever seen at a wedding. David Storm made sure the party never stopped. He kept the dance floor full, and he did a great job of music selections. 

Photographer- KAYE MARVINS- A++
This is a Houston photographer that I brought in for the wedding. They did my parents wedding and our family portraits over the years. They were amazing and the photos turned out amazing. 

Florist- NOLA FLORA- A++
Flowers were one of the most important items for me. They turned out breathtaking. I received numerous comments on how beautiful they were at the church and reception. The bouquets also turned out better than I imagined. 

Cake- GAMBINOS- A+
Both cakes tasted fabulous and the wedding cake looked gorgeous!

Transportation- LIMO LIVERY- A
Were early to get us to ceremony. Did a great job taking my decorations that I dropped off and decorating the limo to pick up the bride/groom. Only complaint is that the drivers were not very friendly. 

Hair & makeup- JUST FACE IT- A+
They did a fabulous job with me and my bridesmaids. We all looked beautiful!

Invitations and Secondline Hankerchiefs- GEMS- A
Turned out beautiful!

Photobooth- NOLA ECLIPSE- A+
I was worried about them since I booked them through a groupon, but they were fabulous. The photobooth was a huge hit at the reception! The attendant was great. 

Save the Date- WEDDING PAPER DIVAS- A
Expensive but turned out great. Plus had super fast shipping.

Alterations- THIMBELINA- A
Did a great job altering my wedding dress. 

Tried to keep it a little short for yall. If you have any specific questions about a vendor, please ask. :)

All in all, it was fabulous!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews for July 14 wedding

• Forgot some

Hotel- LE RICHELEU- A++
    Treated us like family. Everyone who worked there was all excited abotu the wedding and took pictures of us dressed up. Wonderful customer service!!

Tuxes- MENS WAREHOUSE- A
    All of the tuxes fit perfectly and the staff was friendly. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Forgive my over usage of the word fabulous..I was trying to multitask when I posted reviews. Fail on my part. LOL. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations on a great wedding.  Glad everything worked out well.

Would you happen to have contact and pricing info for Thumbelina?  I'm thinking of doing my alterations locally so I don't have to worry about it getting crushed or wrinkled on the flight down.
  • Congrats!!

I'd also like the info for Thimbelina. And I am also an Audubon Tea Room bride! So glad to hear it was great.
  • Thanks!

Here is the info for Thimbelina. 

5501 Tchoupitoulas Street  New Orleans, LA 70115
    (504) 895-5700

They do not take appointments, but it was super easy to just walk in. Plus they had it done earlier than they said. 

The pricing really varies on what you need to have done. I only needed my straps taken up a bit, and it only cost around $25. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • <div>You are going to love the Tea Room! They were so great! They take great care of the bride and help everything go smoothly. </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_vendor-reviews-for-july-14-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:b667e393-5f47-4e9c-96ab-b1f385e65c7dPost:9cbabb55-c1f1-4fe5-bba5-90fc892410ac">Re: Vendor Reviews for July 14 wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!! I'd also like the info for Thimbelina. And I am also an Audubon Tea Room bride! So glad to hear it was great.
    Posted by wteachwo[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • congrats! i'm glad you had an A+ wedding day! I'm using Nola Flora too. I love ashley so far!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wow thanks for the vendor reviews and congrats!! I was looking into Nola-Flora but was a little worry about it being too pricey. could you give me some advice on it?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_vendor-reviews-for-july-14-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:b667e393-5f47-4e9c-96ab-b1f385e65c7dPost:54537cb0-44d2-40b9-a89b-f572c0a335b8">Re: Vendor Reviews for July 14 wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks! Here is the info for Thimbelina.  5501 Tchoupitoulas Street  New Orleans, LA 70115 (504) 895-5700 They do not take appointments, but it was super easy to just walk in. Plus they had it done earlier than they said.  The pricing really varies on what you need to have done. I only needed my straps taken up a bit, and it only cost around $25. 
    Posted by raven541[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
  • <div>They are a bit pricey, but not as bad as some other florists in town. What's nice about Ashley is that she is up front about what flowers cost more than others. So my advice would be to work with her. She will give you an idea of some other flowers that will work great that are cheaper. She was very honest about cost, and there was no hidden fees or expenses. They also gave me a beautiful throw bouquet for the toss as a free present. :)</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_vendor-reviews-for-july-14-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:b667e393-5f47-4e9c-96ab-b1f385e65c7dPost:669a384a-ba6f-45d7-8061-0779bf357bd7">Re: Vendor Reviews for July 14 wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]wow thanks for the vendor reviews and congrats!! I was looking into Nola-Flora but was a little worry about it being too pricey. could you give me some advice on it?
    Posted by Angel5o4[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • <div>You will love her! I had no problems and all of the arrangements and bouquets were just what I imagined. :)</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_vendor-reviews-for-july-14-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:b667e393-5f47-4e9c-96ab-b1f385e65c7dPost:11188e9f-b450-41c9-80e4-1afde9d977de">Re: Vendor Reviews for July 14 wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]congrats! i'm glad you had an A+ wedding day! I'm using Nola Flora too. I love ashley so far!
    Posted by tinkerbek[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards