Louisiana-New Orleans

Second Line Route help

I can't believe I first posted this question over a year ago, and now I'm working on my permit! Anyway, I am having my ceremony at the Wax Museum, then second line while they flip the room, then back to the Wax for reception. We need to be gone about 20 min for them to do this. I was told that I might need 12 blocks but that seems like a lot more than the 5 to 8 blocks that I usually see as the norm. Any suggestions? Usually people say it's a slow walk but some videos on YouTube look like the bride and groom are going really fast!

Re: Second Line Route help

• I just got married and had my reception at the wax about a week ago (3/16/13) and we did the same thing. I actually never asked how long they needed to flip the room bc we decided to have a mini "cocktail hour" down in the museum when we got back from the second line. We literally walked up conti to bourbon, down one block of bourbon to st. louis, then left on dauphine and a block back to conti. So I guess it was maybe 5 blocks? It was REALLY quick though but we ended up dancing in the street in front of the wax for a good 10 minutes or so because everyone was having so much fun! Let me know if you have any questions. Seriously, everyone will rave about how fun it is, I really think it was the best money we spent on the wedding based on the number of compliments we got about how awesome it was!
  • Thanks!  I figured we might be able to make up extra time dancing outside if we get done too early. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards