Louisiana-New Orleans

Vendor Reviews

Invitations - Rudman's A+, I found a fleur de lis budget invite online and two other bigger places told me it was discontinued because it wasn't in their books.  Sterling made one simple phone call and found it to be available.  He also advised me to save money (which he could have made!) by not doing RSVP cards.  And considering it flooded last night and half the people couldn't even get to the wedding, that was money well saved!  

Misc. stuff - Accent Annex on Labarre A+, they have a little room of guest books, unity candles etc for 50% off, employees were very helpful, nice selection, and it was a steal.

Beauty - Flawless Bride A++, We had 10 bridesmaids, me, 2 flower girls, MOB and MOG plus a stepmom.  Heather and her crew arrived at noon as planned and everyone looked incredible.  We had to get to the wedding through storm and flood and our hair and makeup was unphased.  Everyone looked so gorgeous, I felt really proud, my hubby didn't even recognize my mom!  And everyone commented how flawless we all looked, so the name is on point!  Can't rave enough.

Photography by Louis - A++, professional, fun, unassuming, and freaking amazing work.  My engagements and bridals are like from a magazine.  I haven't even seen wedding shots yet but every time I turned around he was there to capture a moment, I can't wait to see!

Rehearsal Dinner Smiley's A+, great price great food great fun...we just did cocktail party option with a room full of small tables so everybody could mingle, really fun.

Limos - Bourbon Street Limousines, D, I'd give them an F but they get credit for flooded streets.  Anyway, they never showed, wouldn't answer phone, all 13+ ladies are stuck at home with less than 30 minutes to go and we have no clue what to do.  Finally reached someone, he was an absolute jerk about it, and after church, everything had subsided, yet they still didn't show up to take us to reception. 

Rolls Royce guy, A++, I have to find out his name, hubby found him on Craig's List, the limo company couldn't show up in a bus or any other way or even answer the phone, but he went through the flood in his little Rolls so we could have a ride to reception.  Of course we didn't get the couple in the rolls shot my H wanted (why he rented one) because it was storming, but I sure was glad he showed up.

St. Agnes Church, beautiful, and with such a mess, they were very accommodating and we ended up with a nice wedding.

Southport Hall, A+infinity, I didn't want a typical reception hall, and I definitely didn't get one!  But it's an old place with all hardwood floors and rafters, they provide tablecloths and votives for all the tables, it looked perfectly nice, food yummy, amazing prices, and if I do say so myself, and many people told us, funnest reception ever!  Even with the flood and only about half of our invitees showing, it was so much fun!  Jay who runs the place is so cool and was a huge help to me in many ways in the days leading up to the event.  And since it's basically a bar, all the staff is fun and really excited for you.  I walked in the side bar and all the bartenders yelled it's the bride! and made shots for me and girls with me.  I will say this, people got wasted, which is a good thing and bad:)  Anyway Southport reception is the best thing about the whole wedding besides me marrying my baby!  And amazingly like 200 people went through a flood to get there, so of course they were the true partiers!

One last, Aucoin Hart rings, beautiful, and great customer service.

Ladies, if you're stressing about minor stuff, remember there is major stuff, like flashflooding!, that you can't possibly plan for, but it will all be okay, and the disasters are the funny part that you will tell your kids.  Mom and dad got SUVs and drove through a flood to marry each other!   

Re: Vendor Reviews

• tmwhitleytmwhitley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh wow! It flooded. Guess I must have missed watching the weather channel. great advice for brides though! Congrats on your marriage and thanks for posting your reviews.
  • keila17thkeila17th member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting your reviews.
  • rachealmezzicrachealmezzic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How was the food at Southport Hall? I think i may have my reception there as well!
    mezz
  • edited December 2011
    @rachealmezzic: The food was awesome, especially the crab bisque and the brisket.  I love the jambalaya too.  Fried shrimp, fried chicken, we had tons of compliments.  If you go meet with Jay over there he'll tell you a wedding date you can crash to sample food.  The reception was so fun!  If you're really into dancing you might see if they can put dance floor in middle of hall like they did for mine.  It's usually up by the stage but at the wedding I crashed I thought the dancers were too removed from the crowd so I asked them to move it for me.  I really can't say enough about how happy we are with Southport.  Awesome price too!  Even the older people who I was worried wouldn't think it was nice enough had a blast, they all got drunk and danced their feet off!  It was hilarious.  The pics crack me up!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you so much for the informaton! we are meeting with Jay next Tuesday. I cant wait!!! Thanks for the dance floor suggestion. I will totally look into doing that!

oh, one last question. Did you use any outside decorating or did you just use what Southport Hall provided?

THank you!

mezz
  • edited December 2011
    I just used what Southport provided, which is white tablecloths and votives on all tables...we did dance floor in middle instead of front, and cake table in main hall instead of back room.  I paid $200 for a floral arrangement just to have something, and nobody cared;)  There was a big Christmas tree since it was a couple of weeks ago.  Who knows what they'll already have out, so I wouldn't spend a drop on decorating.  Honestly the wedding we crashed spent the time and money to put decorations on every table and people moved them out of the way to have more room for their plates...If you tell him Russell and Julie's wedding December 12th he'll know...here's the link to our pics in case you want to see how it looks...www.photobylouis.com, online ordering, julie and russell (the one that's not expired), password wedding...I think you have to skip to 385 to start the reception ( the first 100 or so are my bridal portraits the rest are church)...Oh the only thing that you could possibly count as decorating is we had baskets full of koozies on the bars for favors, and all the bridesmaids put their bouquets on the cake table. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! your pics are AMAZING!!!! I agree. I dont think people really care about the decorations. As long as there is good company, good food, and beverages all around, you are in for a wonderful reception! i want a very laid back, the "big easy", not formal wedding that reflects our personalities and i think this place is perfect. Thank you soo much for your help! i really really appreciate it!
    mezz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards