Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

OOT/DW brides: card box?

Did you bring one or even need one? I've only been to one destination wedding and I mailed a check afterwards so that the newlyweds didn't have to deal with cash or checks in Jamaica.

Seems like one more thing to haul down to NOLA and worry about it getting damaged.

Re: OOT/DW brides: card box?

• Options
    I think my wedding planner just gave me a basket. 
  • Options
    My venue had a birdcage that we used. We had one card in it. DH's family that had cash envelopes gave them to him at the Friday evening welcome party, so I was finding random envelopes in his suitcase and coat pocket when we got home. Other than that, there was literally one wedding card brought to the actual wedding reception. However, I recently went to a local wedding and brought a card with a gift card inside. There was no card box or obvious place to leave them so I spent at least 15 min looking around searching for a good place to leave it. I only knew the parents of the bride and didn't want to bother them with it during the reception. The end result was that after a few cocktails, I accidentally left it on the table at my place when we left the reception. I can only hope someone found it and delivered it to the couple. Even if you doubt you may need one, at least have something there for guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Definatly have some place to put cards, even if its just a basket. At our wedding somehow in the confusion the basket for cards never got put out. I had about 5 guest complain to me after the wedding that they were aftaid to just put the card on the table with a few other gifts. We actually had 2 guest get all the way home before they realiziled they still had our card.

If your worried about damage, either get a basket, which usually hold up well to travel, or just wrap a box with some paper once you get here.

• Options
    Our DOC brought one for us to use. We had a lot of cards and only 2 physical gifts.

To add, I went to a wedding last spring and could not find a cardbox anywhere. I wound up giving it to a bridesmaid who went to find somewhere to put it. I can't be sure it was ever recieved because I never got a thank you note. But, I suppose that later finding the budget was 5k and her dress was at least 1/5 of the budget with only a taco truck there (which ran out of food) to constitute "dinner", I should not have expected one anyhow.

But I digress....
  • Options
    We totally forgot one. I ended up grabbing the basket we used for programs and using it.  But we shipped all the other stuff in advance to our venue and they held it for us, so I would recommend that.  Our plan was to buy one once we got there, but oops, forgot that to-do item!
  • Options
    I'm using a card cage...gonna take it to the venue a couple days before, so the florist will have it to decorate. It will be placed on the sign in table.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards